Final build. Thoughs?

Options

Hey so I have been doing my research and looking up parts so i could build my first pc. i wanted to see if my build was good and if there was anything you would do differently to improve. I also check that all of it will work together but i would like to see if someone could help me confirm that. My build is going to be in a Evolv X case with a MSi B550-A pro motherboard. I plan on getting a Ryzen 5800x CPU with a Nvidia 3080 founders edition. I am going to use my old ram from my current pc which is XPG Z1 ddr4 3000MHz. I will be cooling my pc with a NZXT Kraken x73 RGB 360mm AIO with the radiator on the front panel with the tubes on the top. I will also be getting NZXT triple 120 mm AER RGV 2 starter kit for the top with the RGB controller and 1 AER RGB 2 120mm for the back of the case. I will be using a NZXT C750 power supply to power all of it. This is my build that I have done some weeks researching and putting together to put together my dream desktop. I want to know what you think about it and if it is a solid build an what I could do to improve it if there is a way. I also want to know if the cooling will be enough to have the 5800x overclocked and a good enough power supply to do so.

Thank you all in advanced for responding it means a lot. 

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Jonnyd100

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  The build you have looks great with the only problem I see with this build is that you are going to have a hard time finding these parts! 

A 360mm AIO is more than enough to cool a 5800X and I wouldn't worry about thermal issues in regards to your processor.  The power supply is also more than sufficient for overclocking your processor and GPU as well.  This looks great and I hope this build goes well and is easy for you!  
  • Jonnyd100
    Options
    Hello @Jonnyd100

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  The build you have looks great with the only problem I see with this build is that you are going to have a hard time finding these parts! 

A 360mm AIO is more than enough to cool a 5800X and I wouldn't worry about thermal issues in regards to your processor.  The power supply is also more than sufficient for overclocking your processor and GPU as well.  This looks great and I hope this build goes well and is easy for you!  
    hey thanks for taking your time to respond to me. I have been trying to make this build perfect for a few weeks now doing my research. And you are right the big problem is getting the parts but i am in no rush but glad to hear that my build is good. thanks man. 
  • Jonnyd100
    Options
    Jonnyd100 said:
    Hello @Jonnyd100

hey thanks for taking your time to respond to me. I have been trying to make this build perfect for a few weeks now doing my research. And you are right the big problem is getting the parts but i am in no rush but glad to hear that my build is good. thanks man. 
    I do have a question that that I just remembered. I am a bit confused with the bios updating for the cpu. now with the mother board that I have do I need to wait for the bios update or is this one compatible right out of the box? I know how to update the bios with the bios flash button but just done know if I will need to.
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    You may need to with the B550 though most B550s come with a BIOS that is Zen 3 ready.

The easiest way to tell if you need to do a BIOS update is using an older processor like a 3000 Series GPU and booting to the BIOS and seeing the version.  Of course, you may not have it, but if your PC boots up with the 5800X and you don't see any visuals on your monitor, it may need a BIOS update as well.

Keep in mind, not all motherboards have a BIOS Flash utility and may require an older processor to do the BIOS update.  

We also offer a BIOS update service as well for $19.99.  
  • Jonnyd100
    Options
    You may need to with the B550 though most B550s come with a BIOS that is Zen 3 ready.

The easiest way to tell if you need to do a BIOS update is using an older processor like a 3000 Series GPU and booting to the BIOS and seeing the version.  Of course, you may not have it, but if your PC boots up with the 5800X and you don't see any visuals on your monitor, it may need a BIOS update as well.

Keep in mind, not all motherboards have a BIOS Flash utility and may require an older processor to do the BIOS update.  

thanks and did not know you guys did that but the motherboard i have does have a flash bios button. do you know when the bios update is coming out or no??

• Ian
    Options
    Jonnyd100 said:

thanks and did not know you guys did that but the motherboard i have does have a flash bios button. do you know when the bios update is coming out or no??

That would be up to the motherboard manufacturers on BIOS updates, we would not have information on this unfortunately. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99