First Build

Options
J_R
J_R
edited January 2021 in Help Choosing Parts
I want to build a gaming PC with (for) my son. I have no idea what I'm doing so talk to me like I'm 5.
After watching builds on YouTube and trying to stay around $1000 I have this:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: Radeon RX5600 XT Mech 06 6GB GDDR6
Motherboard: ASRock B550 PRO4
RAM: XPG Gammix D30 16 GB (2x8GB)
PSU: Enermax CyberBron 700W
SSD: Team Group MP33 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
Case: Fractal Design Meshify

Does this all work together? Is it good enough? Are there better options? Will it give him ability to upgrade as his gaming needs grow? Wifi was a complete afterthought, no idea there just picked something off of Amazon willy nilly.
I'm not married to AMD so if I could build something similar or better with Intel for around $1000 I'm down for suggestions. His current CPU is 4core 3.1ghz... it's just a basic dell desktop with a low level but upgraded graphics card. A friend of mine that runs a flight simulator has an Intel i-5 6c 4.3ghz. The AMD I picked is 8 core 3.6ghz but says it can get 4.4 (I have no idea how so that's more for me to be researching if I go this route I suppose).

Thanks for any help!
-mom

Best Answer

• TSPhillipT
    TSPhillipT admin
    5 Likes First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @J_R

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  You definitely sound like you know more than a 5 Year old when it comes to this haha!

Taking a look at your build, everything looks good!  I had to double check that your motherboard has a slot for the WiFi m.2 card, and it does!  With the B550 Motherboard as well, you open up a path to upgrade to newer AMD Processors.  I recommend staying with AMD Processors as well as they come with great stock coolers and the price to performance is great.  I think you did a great job picking out your parts and everything looks great, just don't forget you do need a Windows License to have an active copy of Windows. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99