Replacement Plan GPU

Options
Hello!
I was given a GPU with a replacement plan as a gift a couple of months ago that is starting to act up in weird ways and is actively hurting my ability to use my computer. I know its the GPU since I had a different one before and never had any of these problems and I've tested all the other parts and they seem fine. I would like to get it replaced but am a bit worried to do so since the GPU stock in all stores is rather nonexistent. What is my best course of action to take? Is my best option to have to wait till GPU stock normalizes then bring it in to replace it?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @RCunittime What kind of GPU troubles are you having? I'd be happy to try to assist you here in resolving the issues you're having.
    If you're interested in having the item tested in our service department, computer diagnostics are $39.99. They can run tests on your computer to see what kind of issues your GPU may be having. Typically, If the card is having issues and needs to be replaced and a like item is available then it would be swapped. If a card is not available, typically a gift card to the amount of the original purchase would be issued. I hope this info helps and I look forward to your response.
  • I'm having some weird problems! For example sometimes when I exit games or Alt+Tab out of a game My windows graphical interface will black screen entirely and Ill have to restart to get back into a working OS. Also, my scroll bar will glitch out from time to time. On top of it all, I also get weird issues where the fan on the card (It's an EVGA 2080 Super XC Hybrid) will just forget its fan curve and then run at the lowest RPM possible.

I've tried all sorts of things from updating the drivers to rolling back the drivers to reseating the card to trying different PCI-E slots, but cant seem to get it to stop. I wasn't having any of these problems on my previous card (and Asus ROG Strix 2070 OC). So I'm kinda at a lose for what to do. I would bring it in to do a replacement but with GPUs being hard to find, I don't want to end up in a situation where I don't have a GPU to use.

(Also love the name @LandShark !)
  • Ian
    Options
    I'm having some weird problems! For example sometimes when I exit games or Alt+Tab out of a game My windows graphical interface will black screen entirely and Ill have to restart to get back into a working OS. Also, my scroll bar will glitch out from time to time. On top of it all, I also get weird issues where the fan on the card (It's an EVGA 2080 Super XC Hybrid) will just forget its fan curve and then run at the lowest RPM possible.

I've tried all sorts of things from updating the drivers to rolling back the drivers to reseating the card to trying different PCI-E slots, but cant seem to get it to stop. I wasn't having any of these problems on my previous card (and Asus ROG Strix 2070 OC). So I'm kinda at a lose for what to do. I would bring it in to do a replacement but with GPUs being hard to find, I don't want to end up in a situation where I don't have a GPU to use.

(Also love the name @LandShark !)

Greetings, I would try a clean install of the video card drivers using the DDU tool and see if that helps out. We have a step-by-step guide on how to do that on our forums here, it is the 2nd post in this thread: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2858/how-to-roll-back-or-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10#latest

• Hello! I performed a DDU and did about a day of testing! Was working better for a couple of hours then the same issues started happening again :((((
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @RCunittime sorry to hear you are still having issues. What motherboard are you using and what is your power supply you have as well. Also was this 2080 purchased from Microcenter? Motherboard PCIE and chipset drivers may need updating as well as the bios. Knowing what power supply will help us as well to determine if its the card or something else.
  • Hi @TSTDavey ! I am using an Asus Rog Strix X470-F Gaming Motherboard and a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W Power Supply. I have gone in and verified that everything should be up to date as well!

The 2080 was purchased from Microcenter for me as a gift with a replacement plan on it as well!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99