Open box laptop, missing battery screws

Options
athapa
athapa
First Comment
Hi,
I bought a open box laptop today, once I got home and tried to put that together, I noticed that the battery was not properly latched and the screws were missing for the battery. I did find 2 sets of screws but both seemed to be for hard disks (not for battery). The laptop works ok. I'm guessing either someone bought the laptop and swap the battery or the tech at Micro Center took the battery out but forgot to put the screws back.

In any case, is it possible to just get the battery screws? 
Additionally, could you please confirm if the tech at Micro Center check the battery of open box laptops before reselling them?

Thank you,
A Thapa

Comments

• TS_JosephF
    Options
    Hello @athapa
    Thanks for posting on the community! I am sorry to hear the laptop was missing the screws. When it comes to open-box laptops, we do inspect them and verify that they are fully functional. If they are missing anything that does not affect the functionality then we will list the item as incomplete. Unfortunately, the missing screws may have been over looked by the technician that inspected but I can't really guarantee that.
    In any case, we will certainly want to help you make this right. Your best bet to get this resolved would be to speak to the manager at the store. We can create a ticket and send them a message to get in touch with you, or you can speak with them directly in the store. 
    Let us know if you would like us to arrange this.
  • athapa
    Options
    Hi TS_JosephF,
    Thank you for your response. I'll go to the store tomorrow to see if they have any screws for battery.
    Thanks

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99