Having trouble playing CP2077 with my 3070 Fe

Options
Medish
Medish
First Comment
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Hello!
I just got my 3070 Fe a day ago and I tried running Cyberpunk 2077 and for some reasons FPS dipped to 15-25 and average fps was 30-45. My CPU is Ryzen 7 1800x and I game on 1080p. Can anyone help me with Ideal settings for the game or is my Gpu faulty? Or is it bottlenecking? FYI I played on Raytracing Medium with film grain off and DLSS on Ultra Performance.

Kindly Help
Thank You

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @Medish thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Cyberpunk 2077 has known issues. Have you tried uninstalling Cyberpunk and reinstalling it from scratch? We're assuming you are connecting to your monitor with a Displayport cable. How much memory do you have installed in your system and what is your motherboard that you have? It could be Cyberpunk or your CPU is bottlenecking with the Cyberpunk settings you are playing on. The Ryzen 7 1800x may not be the best CPU for this game. A Ryzen 3 or Ryzen 5 may be a better CPU for this particular game. You also need at least, as recommended for best performance; 16 gb of RAM installed. That could play a part in any bottlenecking your system is experiencing with Cyberpunk if you have less than 16gb of RAM. Take a look at this link below as the Cyberpunk 2077 game settings. Reduce some things in the settings such as the field of view, etc. and see if the frames go up a little.
    If the settings changes doesn't help, then its probably the PC components in your system that's not fully supporting Cyberpunk 2077. 

Link:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/12/11/cyberpunk-2077-the-best-settings-to-improve-your-pcs-performance/ 
  • Medish
    Options
    I have 16 gigs of dual-channel memory but even with ray tracing off on medium settings preset of game I am having 45 max which also dips to 15 fps sometimes. My Mobo is Asus Strix B350 gaming F
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    @Medish have you updated your 3070 drivers? If not try that. If you have already updated the drivers then try uninstalling the 3070 from device manager and then reboot your system so windows reinstalls it. That should reset it and then see if you are still getting low Frames. Also try lowering the crowd density to its lowest setting in cyberpunk, then test it out. Last thing, when was your motherboard purchased? The reason I asked is the Rog strix has a 08/25/2020 chipset driver update. If your board was purchased before August, 2020, you may not have the most up to date chipset driver for your motherboard. Chipset drivers help the motherboard to communicate with your hardware (ex., graphic card). Let us know the results.
  • StormSniper_
    Options
    Or, is your airflow good enough? The GPU will not do well on it without airflow. I think you should have one fan blowing intake to the GPU's direction. Because of Nvidia's Blow through design, you need to have it on the top left blowing down, on the left/right blowing the air to the card, or the bottom, which is where the best airflow comes from.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99