Can I bring in my old computer to the build your own computer center?

Options
Hi,
I currently have an Alienware Aurora R5 (I got it in 2015). It still runs, and runs most games pretty well, but it's five years old and I'd like to update it before it gets really behind in regards to specs. I just have a question, since I know the bare minimum about building computers, would I be able to bring my current computer in to see what I should upgrade in it and to see also if I could move any of the hardware to a new case, preferably one that's a bit higher quality and easier to get into?

Comments

• TSKevinG
    Options
    Good afternoon @skeletonfather

So you would be able to bring the computer in and speak with our build your own consultants.  with this being a pre-built system this may be limited on what can be upgrade in it.  looking at specification online  the processor in the computer is a 6th generation  processor so if you wanted to upgrade this to a new model you will most likely have to replace the motherboard as well but they will let you know for sure in store.
  • TSKevinG said:

So you would be able to bring the computer in and speak with our build your own consultants.  with this being a pre-built system this may be limited on what can be upgrade in it.  looking at specification online  the processor in the computer is a 6th generation  processor so if you wanted to upgrade this to a new model you will most likely have to replace the motherboard as well but they will let you know for sure in store.
    Would it be better to build just a completely new computer? I know I want a new graphics card, currently have a GTX 1070 that works fine but I want something more up to date. I'm not sure about my other components. I'd certainly want to transfer/keep my current hard drive/ssd if I do end up upgrading, since I have a lot of data on them.
  • Ian
    Options
    TSKevinG said:

Would it be better to build just a completely new computer? I know I want a new graphics card, currently have a GTX 1070 that works fine but I want something more up to date. I'm not sure about my other components. I'd certainly want to transfer/keep my current hard drive/ssd if I do end up upgrading, since I have a lot of data on them.
    It may be, depending what it has, you may have to replace the RAM you have currently to work with a new motherboard/processor as well. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99