my computer is making a loud noise but only while I am gaming, should I be concerned?

Options
my cpu temps are at 60-70 C in game, my gpu temps are at 45 C, is this just coil whine or a much greater issue

Answers

• Ian
    Options
    Greetings. Your temperatures are not high, you will hear fan noise for sure while using the PC.  Is the noise constant? 
  • fracture96
    Options
    only when playing video games
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    @fracture96 just chiming in. If you hear the fan only when playing video games, thats normal. The CPU is working to process  your video game play. So while the processor is working during your game play, the fans will run until the game is no longer being played. Not sure what case you have, if you have room, you could add another fan to help push in more cool air.
  • StormSniper_
    Options
    @fracture96 no need to worry. First, a couple of questions.
    1. Aio or Air Cooler? (I hope one of either, you are bottlenecked as heck if not)
    2. Which is your fans? I have QL RGB, and they are loud.
    This is usually normal, but I think your PC is inbalanced. If your GPU is idling while gaming, while your CPU is using all the energy, that is a point to consider. You need to balance out your system, with CPU and GPU going together up.

Or, I could be overthinking this, and you have loud fans.
  • fracture96
    Options
    1. aio
    2. liam li  rgb fans
    under load my gpu goes from 65 to 75 c
    and cpu goes from 60 to 70 c
  • StormSniper_
    Options
    Then it is fine, because some Games are almost pure CPU and have little load to the GPU.
  • GavinCMD
    Options
    what does it sound like, is it kinda high pitched? Could be a coil whine from the GPU?
  • fracture96
    Options
    i have discovered that the noise is coming from the two fans mounted to the radiator, it kind of sounds like grinding, the other fans in my system do not make that noise they are almost whisper silent. the fans on my aio are oriented is a push configuration. does the noise mean the fans are going bad or are they just mounted improperly( the screws mounted the fans and radiator are very tightly mounted the the case.)
  • Ian
    Options
    i have discovered that the noise is coming from the two fans mounted to the radiator, it kind of sounds like grinding, the other fans in my system do not make that noise they are almost whisper silent. the fans on my aio are oriented is a push configuration. does the noise mean the fans are going bad or are they just mounted improperly( the screws mounted the fans and radiator are very tightly mounted the the case.)
    Most likely it is an issue with the fan itself. If you'd like it to be checked out and confirmed, this is something they can look at with you at a Micro Center store. 
  • fracture96
    Options
    probably will take it to my nearest store then
  • Ian
    Options
    Yes, you may bring it in at any time, no appointment needed. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99