Flash BIOS on a B550 AORUS Elite V2 to handle a Ryzen 7 5800?

Options
Greetings,

We purchased a B550 AORUS Elite V2 motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x CPU.  Connected the basics together, and we're not getting any signal through the motherboard video, either HDMI or DP.  We were told this may happen if the BIOS on the MB needs to be flashed.  The question is: if we take this in to our local MicroCenter in St Louis Park, do we have to take the system apart and only take the motherboard, or can we take it as-is with the current build in the case?
Thank you.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Greetings. You can bring it in as-is for the BIOS update to your local Micro Center store, no appointment needed. 
  • jacobb3
    Options
    Hello,
    Do you offer this service to people who have already built a computer, and their motherboard does not support USB flashback? I already assembled an Asus Prime x570-Pro with my new 5900x, and can't get past POST. The motherboard does not support any kind of USB BIOS update, so would microcenter be willing to update it with a compatible CPU?
    Thank you.
  • Ian
    Options
    jacobb3 said:
    Hello,
    Do you offer this service to people who have already built a computer, and their motherboard does not support USB flashback? I already assembled an Asus Prime x570-Pro with my new 5900x, and can't get past POST. The motherboard does not support any kind of USB BIOS update, so would microcenter be willing to update it with a compatible CPU?
    Thank you.
    Yes, we can offer that service. You can view more information on the BIOS update service at https://www.microcenter.com/product/607204/-bios-update-service

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99