Help w/ 1st build MoBo

Options
I have received a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU as a basis for my 1st build. I will be targeting $1000 - $1250 for the budget (computer only). I will primarily be using it to game. I play Destiny and will soon complete most of it's story line. I will then move to CoD WWII. I currently play via PS 4 & I'm very much looking fwd to PC based play. 
My biggest concern now, while waiting for GPUs to calm down, is what MoBo to pursue. I don't see a great need for "future proofing" as at 73 yrs. old my reflexes and longevity are limiting factors. :) 
I'd like to have a WiFi 6 capable MoBo but I'm not adverse to adding a stand alone WiFi 6 card if that will work.
My timeline is not really pressing to complete this build. I refuse to pay the current toll for a very limited GPU market.
Thanks in advance in helping this OOOG gamer. :)
Tom

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    I have received a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU as a basis for my 1st build. I will be targeting $1000 - $1250 for the budget (computer only). I will primarily be using it to game. I play Destiny and will soon complete most of it's story line. I will then move to CoD WWII. I currently play via PS 4 & I'm very much looking fwd to PC based play. 
    My biggest concern now, while waiting for GPUs to calm down, is what MoBo to pursue. I don't see a great need for "future proofing" as at 73 yrs. old my reflexes and longevity are limiting factors. :) 
    I'd like to have a WiFi 6 capable MoBo but I'm not adverse to adding a stand alone WiFi 6 card if that will work.
    My timeline is not really pressing to complete this build. I refuse to pay the current toll for a very limited GPU market.
    Thanks in advance in helping this OOOG gamer. :)
    Tom
    Hello, which Micro Center store are you nearest to so we can check the stock of your local Micro Center for this recommendation? 
  • I'm in Louisville, KY.  Sharonville, OH is closest store to me.
  • StormSniper_
    Options
    A wifi MOBO is best.
    Asus's Tuf Boards, MSI's MPG Series, and Aorus' boards are usually the best bank for the buck.
    If you are leveraging the PCIE on B550, don't go with the TUF unless you have a SSD that has a heatsink on it. 
    Asus's Strix B550-F Gaming WIFI is the best Upper Tier board out there, with its dual M.2 heatsinks.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99