Headset Microphone not working on Power Spec

Options
We bought a Power Spec Computer unit but our headset microphone will not work.  We have used the headset and microphone (RECON 200) on a XBOX 1 so the the headset functions properly and its brand new as well.   We also purchased the headset and microphone adapter to plug into both jacks but the microphone continues to not work but the headset does.  Any Ideas???

Answers

• Ian
    Options
    We bought a Power Spec Computer unit but our headset microphone will not work.  We have used the headset and microphone (RECON 200) on a XBOX 1 so the the headset functions properly and its brand new as well.   We also purchased the headset and microphone adapter to plug into both jacks but the microphone continues to not work but the headset does.  Any Ideas???
    Greetings. To verify, you are plugging this into both the microphone/headphone jacks on the PC? You have tried both on the front and back of the PC? The microphone port should be pink in color or labelled as such.

• Mill_Pool_01
    Options
    Yes, we have tried both sets of inputs on the top and on the back, with the Mic being pink and the headset being greenish.  I have watched a few videos regarding and does the TRRS versus TRS setting for the computer input jacks have any bearing?  The headset is TRRS and the spliter jack we bought from MicroCenter is TRS
  • Ian
    Options
    Yes, we have tried both sets of inputs on the top and on the back, with the Mic being pink and the headset being greenish.  I have watched a few videos regarding and does the TRRS versus TRS setting for the computer input jacks have any bearing?  The headset is TRRS and the spliter jack we bought from MicroCenter is TRS
    It should still work, does the PC recognize you plugging this in? Anything pop up or show in the Sound Control Panel upon plugging this in? 
  • OJsDad
    Options

I've had a similar problem with my Powerspec 1520 and my Hyper-X headset. I got the laptop last April and it would recognize when I plugged the headset in. But around Dec/Jan it quit recognizing it. I can hear sounds through the headset, but the built in mic on the laptop is the only mic working. The on the headset is not recognized.

Headset works fine on my desktop still.

I've rebooted, did a device scan for new hardware, looked in the bios, and even ran the sound troubleshooter, but nothing resolves.

Any suggestions.

• OJsDad
    Options

And, right after I posted, I got the bright idea of redownloading the audio software from Powerspec and reinstalling it. Headset now works.

• JS_MC
    Options

@OJsDad Glad to hear that reinstalling the audio drivers was able to solve this issue for you!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99