Damaged Case. Repair or return?

Options
Hello. Yesterday I purchased a Maingear Vybe RGB case, and upon starting my build, I realized that the glass side panel was not properly assembled from the factory. As you can see in the pictures, the metal piece which houses the mounting screws was glued improperly. I needed to get this build done today, so returning the case is not an option.
I'm trying to figure out what to do from here. Would I be able to get another side panel from micro center, or should I contact the manufacturer and see what they will do?
I think I could attempt to reglue the panel, and since I live about two hours away from micro center, that is what I am leaning towards doing, but I wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions.
Thanks.

Answers

• tora117
    tora117
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Options
    To clarify, I think if I use a heat gun and work slowly, I could remove that metal piece and reinstall it. However, if I could avoid that and the possibility of outright breaking it, that would be preferable, especially since this is for someone else.
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @tora117 thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. We need some information from you so we will be emailing you. To best resolve this, you may have to push back your timeline on finishing this build. We'll talk more via email.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99