Compatibility Auto bed leveler

Bought an Ender-3 V2 also bought a auto bed leveling sensor for the 3D printer however when the gift was open it was noted that the auto bed sensor which is a (BLTouch) was labeled for a use with a Creality V1 mainboard and not for a V2 main board is this sensor compatible with my Ender3-V2 or do I need to return and get one marked for the V@ mainboard

Answers

• It is compatible, but installation will be a little less straightforward.

The V2 mainboard includes a 5 pin port specifically for the BL touch that is absent from the V1 mainboard. The BL Touch for the V2 Mainboard is comes with a cable to use this 5 pin port. This 5 pin connection is keyed and handles all the signals needed for the BL Touch, making installation very simple. The BL Touch for the V1 mainboard splits this 5 pin connector into a 2 pin and 3 pin connector. You'll need to connect the 2 pin header to the Z endstop port and the 3 pin connector to the appropriate pins on the 5 pin port. There's more information available here: https://all3dp.com/2/ender-3-v2-bltouch-install/
  • Thanks for the feed back I will install this weekend after reviewing the web site
  • AlexPasseno
    AlexPasseno Store Associate
    5 Likes Micro Center Store Associate First Answer Name Dropper

we found out recently that you can also use the display breakout board that comes with the kit you got! pretty straightforward just use the firmware bin file on crealities website, it has a boot loader so you just need to throw it on a microsd card and reboot the printer

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99