PC Building Question

Options
I plan to go to a local Micro Center to help choose parts for them to build a PC. However, given the difficulty of finding the right video card I plan to reserve it online and buy it first and then go in. That should be the hardest part to get, correct?

With that in mind, will the name in front of the video card (same brand, same model, not overclocked) make a big difference in my build? For example, I see the following names listed for RTX 3090 (although I am looking for a 3080): ASUS NVIDIA GeForce, EVGA GeForce, ASUS GeForce, MSI GeForce, Gigabyte Geforce, PNY GeForce, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    I plan to go to a local Micro Center to help choose parts for them to build a PC. However, given the difficulty of finding the right video card I plan to reserve it online and buy it first and then go in. That should be the hardest part to get, correct?

With that in mind, will the name in front of the video card (same brand, same model, not overclocked) make a big difference in my build? For example, I see the following names listed for RTX 3090 (although I am looking for a 3080): ASUS NVIDIA GeForce, EVGA GeForce, ASUS GeForce, MSI GeForce, Gigabyte Geforce, PNY GeForce, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Greetings. Not really, the difference in brand of graphics card will mainly be the design/look of the card itself, number of fans, ports available. The big difference is in graphics card series overall such as 3070s, 3080s, 3090s in general, not the brand.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99