YouTube Live Streaming Dedicated PC

Options
hello, I was just curious, what is your opinion on this issue? I am trying to live stream pre-recorded 3 minute videos. I use Open Broadcast Software to loop the video for hours. but the video itself is about 3-4 minutes long. 
I was just curious what would you recommend as far as hardware like what kind of computer hardware do you recommend for such a simple live streaming.
But also please keep in mind that I might want to do several streaming of the same kind using virtual machines. Basically, I am trying to have a strong enough pc hardware where I could install several virtual machines then live stream from each of these virtual machines.
Can you please let me know what is your opinion as far as what hardware computer should I get? 
Thanks.

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @raminjan thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. How many virtual streams do you plan to stream? We're not sure what software you are using (ex., Virtualbox or Vmware, etc.), but there shouldn't be a limit for how many virtual machines you run to stream from. You just want to make sure you have a good cpu like the Amd Ryzen 5 5600x or Intel I7-10700K or higher for both. You also want to look at your memory. Depending on the number of virtual machines you're running will depend on the gigabytes of ram you'll need. Start off with 16 gigs of RAM on a motherboard that can be upgraded to 32 gigs. You'll also need a large SSD depending on the number of virtual machines your plan on running. Start off with 1TB SSD, you can always upgrade later.
  • raminjan
    raminjan ✭✭
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Options
    TSTDavey said:
    Hello @raminjan thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. How many virtual streams do you plan to stream? We're not sure what software you are using (ex., Virtualbox or Vmware, etc.), but there shouldn't be a limit for how many virtual machines you run to stream from. You just want to make sure you have a good cpu like the Amd Ryzen 5 5600x or Intel I7-10700K or higher for both. You also want to look at your memory. Depending on the number of virtual machines you're running will depend on the gigabytes of ram you'll need. Start off with 16 gigs of RAM on a motherboard that can be upgraded to 32 gigs. You'll also need a large SSD depending on the number of virtual machines your plan on running. Start off with 1TB SSD, you can always upgrade later.
    Hello there and thanks for replying. I am trying to have at least 2 streams both running at the same time. But then they each going to be on different virtualbox virtual machine. I am really limited as far as the budget. So, if I purchase a Ryzen 5 5600x, can you please let me know what kind of 16 GB ram and motherboard would be compatible? I would want to go with Ryzen 5 5600x because Ryzen CPU's usually come with Graphics Cards but also I need to keep encoding in mind. If I do consider encoding, I think the Intel I7-10700K is better since Intel CPU's come with Video Sync Technology. So, if you were in my shoe, what build would you go with? Also, Can you please drop your opinion with regards to this built: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/raminjan/saved/3BxFsY

Thank you.
  • StormSniper_
    Options
    You should not need much apart from a good CPU. If you are doing serious CPU-Intensive tasks, a 8-core processor like the 3700x if you want a more cheap option, but if you have the option, go with the 5700x or 5900x, even a 5950x. Those are the top right now.
  • StormSniper_
    Options
    Your build is not enough, You need a case, and if you have High-CPU intensive tasks, then go with an aio. A 120/140 mm should be fine, because this has the effect of a large CPU Cooler in a small form factor. And, upgrade your PSU to at least 600-700 watts, but no less than 550. You need to go with a GPU that is solid, so go with a 1660ti or something close.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99