Wanting to return a Monitor that has a dead pixel

Options
Hello, the monitor in question is the TUF Gaming VG328H1B Monitor, after around a month, we noticed a dead pixel near the top of the monitor, and we fear that there could be some other defects.  The monitor was bought on 11/23/20, so it falls in line with the holiday return policy.  I was wondering what we need to do to return and exchange it for a new one.  Do we need to pack it up with all necessary components (Wires, stand, etc) and bring it in so we can get a new one?  Should we talk to someone at the physical microcenter store?  We bought it in-store, not online.

What should we also bring, I know that we should bring the receipt that goes with it, but anything else?

Thank you

Comments

• TS_BryantA
    Options
    @Ty_Ngo Good morning and thank you for contacting us on our Micro Center Community site. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with this monitor and we will be happy to assist in store. For this purchase if it was 11-23-2020 you do have until 1-15-2021 to return the monitor in box with all parts and accessories (This would include wires, stand and anything included with the monitor) with the receipt. We would be able to do either an exchange if in stock at your local store or a full refund. The only other thing I would bring is your payment method that was used for the purchase. If you have any additional questions please let us know!
  • Ty_Ngo
    Options
    Bryant,

Thank you very much for your quick and precise answer, I do have one more concern about what you said, if you don't have in stock, could we keep the monitor instead?  I'm assuming we will be able to, but I want to make sure.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm not sure about your question.
    If the monitor has a dead pixel, I'd recommend returning the defective unit. If you hold the item past its return period, we would not be able to accept it should you decide you do not want the monitor with a dead pixel. 
    I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you have any other concerns.
  • Ty_Ngo
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I'm afraid I'm not sure about your question.
    If the monitor has a dead pixel, I'd recommend returning the defective unit. If you hold the item past its return period, we would not be able to accept it should you decide you do not want the monitor with a dead pixel. 
    I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you have any other concerns.
    Hello, thank you for your response, I have got a replacement a couple of days ago, sorry for the late response... Everything seems in order with the new monitor, will definitely make note if something does happen, otherwise, thank you very much for your guy's support.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    You're quite welcome! Glad to be of assistance.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99