Help replacing components of my pc to make use of 1 GB internet

Options
Hello.  I just switched to 1 GB internet so I need to upgrade the components of my custom built 2010 pc to make use my new speed.  I have been upgrading parts of it, as I need to over the years, but I believe my current pc has: 
  • Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz,
  • 3 x 8gb OCZ Technology Obsidian 6GB DDR3-1600,
  • OCZ Technology 700 Watt GameXStream Power Supply
  • Trendnet Wireless N PCI Adapter
  • Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 X58 ATX Motherboard
  • Western Digital WD Black WD1001FALS 1TB hard drive
  • LG GH22NS40 SATA Super Multi DVD Rewriter optical drive
  • a Crucial MX300 1TB SSD 
  • GPU:  EVGA RTX 2060 Super
Clearly my wireless adapter needs to be changed.  Any suggestions for what it should be changed to, and if anything else needs to be replaced?
THANKS!

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    I think this depends on what you're doing with your computer. I think you've got an incredible trooper of a CPU that has lasted for an impressive amount of time. I'd recommend an upgrade of your CPU as it is most likely bottlenecking your performance. Upgrading your CPU would mean that you'd have to replace your motherboard and RAM as well.
    My recommendations for those parts would largely depend on your uses and your budget.
    As for your wireless adapter, I'd recommend an ASUS PCE-AC58BT AC2100 Wireless Adapter
    Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions or if you're interested in recommendations for other upgrades!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99