How to return an item that's high demand, low stock?

Options
I picked up a Ryzen 5600X on a lucky day when they happened to have a truck come in. That CPU was DOA, and I don't know how to get it replaced without driving an hour away every day hoping to get lucky. 

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    Greetings @Chevron07

The procedure would be to return it and we'll do what we can to help you replace the item. However DOA CPU's are fairly rare. What's the issue you're having with it?
  • Chevron07
    Chevron07
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hey TSMikeW... The new build ran fine for 2 days, then the whole system cut out while in Chrome. Troubleshoot wise, I pulled the MB out of the system and only ran power/ram/gpu to the board, and it would not complete POST to BIOS. Tried different RAM and GPU configurations with no luck. The MSI X570 Tomahawk board showed no error lights. I returned the MSI, and replaced it with and ASUS Strix. The new ASUS board shows a POST code of 90, but does not proceed to load into BIOS. I've seen some internet posts about a POST code of 90 requiring a CPU replacement.
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    @Chevron07

90- Boot Device Selection (BDS) phase is started. Odd error for a CPU failure, but I can confirm your findings online, and you've gone through two boards. Bring it in when you have time and speak to a manager. We'll see what we can do.
  • Chevron07
    Options
    @TSMikeW Thanks for the head's up about talking to a manager. That probably makes the most sense since my local store has been ridiculously busy during this holiday season, and most of the associates are always busy helping multiple customers.
  • Chevron07
    Options
    Just wanted to follow up and say that all went well. Last night I returned the CPU, and the Manager on duty left word for an Associate to put one aside for me when it came in. The Associate contacted me this morning and had one waiting for me at the checkout area. When I returned home, I put the CPU in and it made it to BIOS immediately. Still need to put everything back into the case and do the full setup, but it looks good to go. Thanks.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your original CPU was DOA.  Glad to hear that we could take care of you!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99