New PowerSpec PC - No Display

Options
Purchased a new PowerSpec PC and AOC monitor last week.  Trying to boot the PC up, but it won't display to the monitor.  I see the GPU turn on and then after 30 seconds the fans stop spinning on the GPU.

Comments

• TS_JosephF
    Options
    Hello @ThisSucks
    Sorry to hear you are having issues with the new PowerSpec. The first thing I would do is power cycle the PC itself. Also, when it comes to the GPU fans, it is normal for them to turn off. They will turn on when the temperature starts to increase or the GPU is under a load. What kind of cable are you using to connect the monitor to the graphics card? Are you able to test the monitor and cable on a different device to make sure it is working properly?
    Let us know what you find out.
  • hjwerner
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Monitor does not come on the first time. I have to reboot several times. Tried other cables and another monitor with the same issue.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@hjwerner

Which model? And where is the monitor connected on the rear of the PC?

• Haz
    Haz ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    @hjwerner
    If you already tried replacing the cable and monitor along with power cycling your pc. Then this means there is an issue with the pc. It seems to me that the PC didn’t pass the POST (power on self test) test. This could mean either the RAM, GPU, CPU went bad or are not seated properly. Also in rare cases the power supply went bad or is not plugged in correctly . If you are comfortable, you can check to see is everything is seated properly. Make sure you do this with the PC turned off. 1. Unplug PSU plug. 2. Switch PSU to 0 Off 3. Power on pc to get rid of discharge form the components.

if everything is seated and connected properly. Try turning on your PC again and make sure the PSU set to 1 ON . If it still fails to boot,
    Then I would check on the RAM try putting them in a different DIMM to see if they work. If they do then the issue is the DIMM slot on the motherboard. If not then the issue could be either the cpu, GPU, motherboard, or power supply.

if I wanted to test them out. I would get new components for it and then remove and replace them. But at that point If we’re buying a pre-build and it had these issues. I would immediately return it. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99