Suggested Frequency of Service Repair Followups

Options
Hi all,
Recently sent my new computer/build in for service since it wouldn't post. Was told that it is $40 to diagnose the issue; paid, signed, and got a copy of the service order/invoice. A few days later, they mentioned the issue was a dead PSU. I found that strange, so I went to the store to discuss options, etc.

Upon discussion and further investigation/testing of my computer; we discovered that there was another issue of CPU and motherboard incompatibility (weird because the sockets/chipsets were compatible); my CPU would work in any other motherboard except mine; while my motherboard would work with any test CPU Microcenter provided. The technician mentioned that he will keep investigating and that no further payment is necessary.

The service queue seemed quite busy and up until now I have not heard back from the technician regarding any updates or status.

My question is, for such an issue (or maybe complex service issues in general); how long typically should I wait before contacting my technician or the service manager? What frequency of requesting status would be considered "impatient" vs what would be considered reasonable/warranted since I have not heard back?

Thanks!

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    This would vary heavily depending on your store and your technician. I'd suggest contacting your service department and asking to speak with them directly. You can see if there are any updates regarding your unit and then I'd suggest asking them directly about when you should next reach out or contact them. We're here to help and serve you as best we can!
    If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.
    Thank you!
  • Aduviel
    Options
    This would vary heavily depending on your store and your technician. I'd suggest contacting your service department and asking to speak with them directly.
    For whatever reason (my guess is it is COVID-related), my store doesn't seem to be accepting calls; they only show two phone numbers (store & service dept) to text to. I have texted the service dept for updates 1-2 days ago, but so far no response besides the initial automated text greeting that someone will get back to me. So besides doing an 45min+ drive directly to the store each time for updates; not sure how else I can speak with them.

I am slightly anxious as the parts I bought are expensive, the technician mentioned that he has never seen such an issue (during the first meeting), and finally since this is the first time I've had Microcenter perform a diagnostic service.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    @Aduviel Let me see what I can do about this! 😊 Please expect an email from me!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99