First Time trying to build a Gaming/Streaming PC

Options
Hello!  :)
I have no experience putting PCs together and figured I needed some help. Please go easy on me...
I haven't had a super nice PC...well...ever. The one I currently use was a Frankenstein mish mash my friend put together from spare parts about 6-7 years ago. I want a nice Gaming/Streaming PC and I am trying to stay within $1,400 for this build. I wanted to go with a white theme and name my PC GLaDOS because Portal is where my PC gaming experience all began.

Please let know if there are any glaring issues with this build or any parts I should swap out for others. I know that the case has a USB C and my motherboard doesn't have the headers for that. I do not plan on using the USB C on the case. I was also planning on using Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard instead of the ASUS - B550-F ROG Strix Gaming AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard for the white accents. The B550-F was the only one I could find using the microcenter builder. If the B550-F is significantly better than I will go with that instead. I also already have another SSD I plan to move over to this new PC, so the one in my list is not the only one I will have. 

Thank you for any advice!!
  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=a6836928-821d-4f68-b450-4f952ae00fa9

Comments

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Very cool idea and theme!
    I changed the motherboard to the next tier up, because it's only a $10 difference, and has a lot more of the white accents that you were looking for. However, I noticed that you seem to prefer the ASUS brand over the rest. It doesn't look like we currently carry the B550-A that you linked, but that would go very well with this build! You would miss out on the CPU/Motherboard combo savings but that is for you to decide. They are both very compatible with each other!
    I did reduce the RAM in your build, as 16GB is more than most will need unless you are performing a RAM intensive task. With the additional savings, I'd recommend putting more toward a higher tier GPU, I'd selected the 3060 ti as my recommendation, but stock for all GPUs is rather limited at the moment.
    I hope this info helps and I'd be happy to discuss this further with you if you have any other questions or concerns!
  • Arlz
    Options
    Thank you very much for the feedback!! I really like the changes you have made. This is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you so much @LandShark!!
  • JS_MC
    Options
    You're quite welcome! Glad I could help!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99