Pc build to replace my old 1070

Options
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=e5fdd1e6-517a-4575-a767-17339780467a

Hi guys, can you help me out and suggest better config for my Gaming PC build? I am planning to overclock this system utilizing ASUS software. 

Will be glad to hear any feedback from you!
Thx!

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @FrostBeast and welcome to the community!
    This is an impressive build! What kind of budget did you have in mind? What monitor are you pairing with this monster?

Honestly, this is an excellent build! Everything works! You'll have a stable platform for overclocking with the ASUS motherboard you've selected, you have ample cooling with the AIO you've selected and the GPU will pair with this system very nicely and you've got RAM to spare!
  • LB3
    LB3 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    @FrostBeast I really like this build but I'd like to point out one thing. If you're going all out on the other components I strongly suggest keeping your storage/SSD in-line with the other components. Your current SSD selection offers a slower QLC (quad layer) drive. If you really want storage that will keep up with your system I strongly suggest choosing a TLC (triple layer) SSD. Other than that, great build! I'm jealous. If you really wanted to utilize your system a PCI-e Gen 4 (4.0) SSD is ideal but often breaks the budget.

Similar option: https://www.microcenter.com/product/608649/inland-premium-2tb-ssd-3d-nand-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive

Upgrades (depending on your budget):
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/607734/wd-black-sn750-2tb-ssd-3d-v-nand-pcie-nvme-gen-3-x-4-m2-2280-internal-solid-state-drive-w--heatsink
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/601601/samsung-970-evo-2tb-ssd-v-nand-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive

PCI-e Gen 4 option:
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/628177/samsung-980-pro-series-1tb-ssd-v-nand-pcie-gen-4-x-4-nvme-m2-2280-internal-solid-state-drive
  • FrostBeast
    Options
    LB3 said:
    @FrostBeast I really like this build but I'd like to point out one thing. If you're going all out on the other components I strongly suggest keeping your storage/SSD in-line with the other components. Your current SSD selection offers a slower QLC (quad layer) drive. If you really want storage that will keep up with your system I strongly suggest choosing a TLC (triple layer) SSD. Other than that, great build! I'm jealous. If you really wanted to utilize your system a PCI-e Gen 4 (4.0) SSD is ideal but often breaks the budget.

Similar option: https://www.microcenter.com/product/608649/inland-premium-2tb-ssd-3d-nand-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive

Upgrades (depending on your budget):
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/607734/wd-black-sn750-2tb-ssd-3d-v-nand-pcie-nvme-gen-3-x-4-m2-2280-internal-solid-state-drive-w--heatsink
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/601601/samsung-970-evo-2tb-ssd-v-nand-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive

PCI-e Gen 4 option:
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/628177/samsung-980-pro-series-1tb-ssd-v-nand-pcie-gen-4-x-4-nvme-m2-2280-internal-solid-state-drive
    Thank you for you help. I really dont know much about ssd market. From my perspective they have a lot of brands an ridiculous pricing for 2tb nvme m2 drives. 
  • FrostBeast
    edited January 2021
    Options
    LandShark said:
    Hello @FrostBeast and welcome to the community!
    This is an impressive build! What kind of budget did you have in mind? What monitor are you pairing with this monster?

Honestly, this is an excellent build! Everything works! You'll have a stable platform for overclocking with the ASUS motherboard you've selected, you have ample cooling with the AIO you've selected and the GPU will pair with this system very nicely and you've got RAM to spare!
    Thank you for your comment! I am still not sure which monitor I want 2k or 4k. From what I saw on gpu tests 3080 barely able to provide more than 60 fps at 4k, so I am considering 120-144 2k monitor.
    Budget is around 4-4.5k$. 
    Still not sure about ram. I were reading something about 4000 hz for ryzen 9, but didnt find ram with this specifications. Plus i dont know how to overclock ram)

I would like to hear your opinion about my concerns. Thank you!
  • FrostBeast
    Options
    Also, which option for AMD cpu will be better Nvidia or AMD gpu?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I'd say that it mostly depends on the games that you're playing and how much you can budget you can put toward your monitors. I'd recommend 4k if you can afford it because you can always play in 2k on a 4k monitor and then still have the ability to view content in 4k if you decide that you don't need 144fps. I hope that logic makes sense. Another option would be one 4k monitor and one 2k monitor.
    As to RAM, I'd recommend anything at or above 3200mhz. 3600 seems to be the sweet spot for what's available right now. It may be possible that 4000mhz memory will become more readily available in the future but for the moment, it's a bit hard to come by. It is possible to overclock RAM, but getting into speeds around 4000mhz can get a little tricky with individual timings.

In my opinion, it depends on what kind of games you're playing. At the moment AMD doesn't seem to have an adequate answer to Nvidia's ray tracing. If we're talking strictly rasterized rendering then I would say AMD pulls ahead a bit. It really comes down to which features you want from your GPU. I really enjoy features like RTX Voice, but the lower cost for the performance of AMD really does make me strongly consider the new RX cards.
    I hope this helps!
  • FrostBeast
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I'd say that it mostly depends on the games that you're playing and how much you can budget you can put toward your monitors. I'd recommend 4k if you can afford it because you can always play in 2k on a 4k monitor and then still have the ability to view content in 4k if you decide that you don't need 144fps. I hope that logic makes sense. Another option would be one 4k monitor and one 2k monitor.
    As to RAM, I'd recommend anything at or above 3200mhz. 3600 seems to be the sweet spot for what's available right now. It may be possible that 4000mhz memory will become more readily available in the future but for the moment, it's a bit hard to come by. It is possible to overclock RAM, but getting into speeds around 4000mhz can get a little tricky with individual timings.

In my opinion, it depends on what kind of games you're playing. At the moment AMD doesn't seem to have an adequate answer to Nvidia's ray tracing. If we're talking strictly rasterized rendering then I would say AMD pulls ahead a bit. It really comes down to which features you want from your GPU. I really enjoy features like RTX Voice, but the lower cost for the performance of AMD really does make me strongly consider the new RX cards.
    I hope this helps!
    Thank you for your opinion again!

From my perspective we dont have a gpu which supports 4k 60+ fps on ultra + ray tracing. If i will change 4k to 2k it will look awful (i guess) like switch FHD to HD (it looks horrible). 

About the games... Escape from Tarkov, Cyberpunk, CS:Go, Dota2, CoD and similar games.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I doubt you'll be reaching 4k 120+fps in games like Cyberpunk, however, I don't think it would struggle to reach that in CS:GO. I think you've got an idea of the experience these resolutions and GPUs will be able to provide. I'd have to agree with you for many titles I'd have to say 2k would be my choice. I'm currently playing with a 2k 165hz monitor and wouldn't have a problem recommending it at all. Great experience!
  • FrostBeast
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I doubt you'll be reaching 4k 120+fps in games like Cyberpunk, however, I don't think it would struggle to reach that in CS:GO. I think you've got an idea of the experience these resolutions and GPUs will be able to provide. I'd have to agree with you for many titles I'd have to say 2k would be my choice. I'm currently playing with a 2k 165hz monitor and wouldn't have a problem recommending it at all. Great experience!
    I just found that kraken z73 isnt really good choice for AMD (some tech issues) and people have a 50/50 opinion about it. Do u have another AIO in mind?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Sure, I can share recommend the Cooler Master ML360R
    It should be a very comparable AIO, however, it does have much more RGB.
    Let me know if you're looking for something else!
  • FrostBeast
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I was googling bunch of AIO reviews and customers feedbacks.. and you know, everybody complains about AIO (not just CM, also Asus, Kraken and etc.). I truly have no clue which AIO to chose...
  • LB3
    LB3 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I was googling bunch of AIO reviews and customers feedbacks.. and you know, everybody complains about AIO (not just CM, also Asus, Kraken and etc.). I truly have no clue which AIO to chose...
    I've had an NZXT Kraken X62 280mm for a few years and no issues. I used it on an i5-6600K and my i9-10850K. Before that I had a 120mm Corsair and never had issues. I've built customer PCs with the EVGA CLC 240mm on an overclocked 3900X and no issues. I just built a PC with the MSI MAG Core Liquid 360r on an i9-10850K and it works very, very well.

Honestly, I have to assume, from a professional opinion, that many of these "issues" are user related and not actual product issues. I believe that product issues occur but not at the rate you see in reviews. Just pick one you like that's also in your budget and you'll be fine.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Personally, I've used AIOs from Corsair, CM, and NZXT. I've not had any issues with them, and my choices were made based on looks and price. @LB3's advice to go with the one that is in your budget that you like the most is quite sound!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99