I was wondering if this could run games above 60fps?

Options
Hello , Im just wondering if this was good enough of a build for like 60fps , or do vr. It there any way I can bench mark my build?  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=0342b53a-d45c-4fe5-8b76-19ddde882d49

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @Aka_Asuna This build would typically be more used for nongaming tasks. It would be able to get 60FPS in most games and be able to work well in VR however, the CPU would be a bottleneck for the GPU in most gaming tasks.
    However, it would really depend on what you had in mind for this build as far a tasks, budget, and what kind of monitor you plan to pair with it.
    I'd be happy to alter these recommendations once we know a bit more about your plans for the build.
  • LB3
    LB3 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    @Aka_Asuna I agree with @LandShark
    I build VR flight simulators for a customer and so far I've never needed anything beyond the Ryzen 9 3900X (or if you can find a 5900X) or i9-10850K. In this case, higher clock speeds will improve performance over more cores. The VERY important part is the graphics card in which I suggest going NVIDIA for VR. Either the RTX 2080Ti or RTX 3080 are great. The RTX 3070 is a great option as well. I have never used AMD for VR personally.

Threadripper, in most scenarios, is overkill unless you know what to do with that many cores.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99