Need Help Choosing Parts

I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice.  True build on pc parts gaming vr also solid gaming. Are these part look ok for vr ready.  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=de593f15-be49-48ca-a9ee-c272dd2934d9

Comments

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    1000 Comments 250 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Answers
    edited January 2021
    Welcome to the community, @Chino!
    Yes, this build looks great for VR! The only recommendation that I would have is to stay away from the 5400RPM HDD, unless you need something for archival or very very slow storage I can't recommend them. If you're looking for cheap high capacity storage, I'd recommend a 7200RPM HDD instead. Otherwise, I'd recommend a 2.5" SSD or M.2 as you've selected!
  • Great info but do I go with 2.5 SSD or i am fine with M.2 I have selected. Also for the hard drive I selected, is changing to 7200RPM HDD storage goes faster? Which product do you think is best fit for hard drives for 2TB should I go with? 
  • M.2 is typically faster so that's what I'd recommend between M.2 and 2.5" SATA. If you're able to find the budget, I'd recommend another 2TB 2.5" SSD instead of the HDD. If that's outside your budget, I'd recommend the 2TB 7200RPM HDD. Seagate is still a good choice for the brand if that's what you prefer!
  • No it fine I wanna best spec for faster memory. Ill update another one then I'll let you know what you think thank you  
  • LB3
    LB3 ✭✭
    10 Comments 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    @Chino
    Great build. My only suggestion for VR would be to upgrade to 32GB @ 3600MHz RAM. I build VR flight simulators and the faster RAM with a Ryzen 5 3600 is important. Keep in mind that the computer is generating 2 different views in a VR headset - 1 for left eye, 1 for right eye. If you can, I strongly suggest moving some of your storage budget toward upgrading the RAM. Also, is there a reason you need so much storage?

Let me know what you think: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99