Is this an Upgrade?

Options
So im trying to play Star Citizen, but my current PC just cant handle it. I am looking into getting a new PC and am not that confident in myself to build one lol. 
This is my current setup:
CPU: i7 4770
RAM: 16.0GB Dual Channel DDR3 @665Mhz
Motherboard: HP 18E4
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
and the computer i'm considering getting is an HP Omen 25L.
So my question is, Is this an upgrade to what i have currently and will it run Star Citizen?

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @AveragePCGamer Welcome to the community!
    Which model of the Omen 25L are you interested in?
    What kind of budget did you have in mind for the upgrade? Also, what monitor are you using with this build?
    I'd be happy to make a couple recommendations for you once I know a bit more 😊
  • Paul_2
    Paul_2 ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Options
    In general, I would suggest a custom build entirely, rather then a brand name like HP/Dell.  They often (but not always) use non-standard motherboard / case / power supply combination, that can inhibit things like a graphics upgrade later, if it requires more power then the current power supply.  It also allows for more incremental upgrades in the future, and you can min/max where you focus your investment.  You can keep the same custom case and upgrade the motherboard and CPU, for example later.
    In regards to your comfortable level assembling it, Microcenter has a build service so you're still able to take advantage of the benefits of a custom build.  (I'm not an employee, just an avid builder myself).
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99