Is this an Upgrade?

Options
So im trying to play Star Citizen, but my current PC just cant handle it. I am looking into getting a new PC and am not that confident in myself to build one lol. 
This is my current setup:
CPU: i7 4770
RAM: 16.0GB Dual Channel DDR3 @665Mhz
Motherboard: HP 18E4
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
and the computer i'm considering getting is an HP Omen 25L.
So my question is, Is this an upgrade to what i have currently and will it run Star Citizen?

Comments

• TS_Watthew
    Options
    Hello @AveragePCGamer
    Thanks for posting on the community forum. The HP Omen 25L would definitely be an upgrade/improvement over your current PC. 

RECOMMENDED

For the best gaming experience when exploring the 'verse, we advise players have systems that meet or exceed the below specifications:

OSWindows 10 (Latest Service Pack)
    CPUQuad Core CPU - Intel: Sandy Bridge or later, AMD: Bulldozer or later
    GPUDirectX 11 Graphics Card with 4+ GB Ram
    Memory16+ GB DDR4
    Storage65 GB SSD
    These are the recommended specs for Star Citizen and the HP Omen 25L would definitely exceed the both the minimum and recommended specs. 
    Depending on your budget, we do offer build services, if wish to have a custom build without having to worry about putting it together.
    https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx
    We do also have our own PowerSpec line of PCs, which are available as a another option for pre-built gaming computers.
    https://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/powerspec.aspx
    Have any other questions feel free to reachout!
  • LB3
    LB3 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, it's certainly an upgrade over a 4th Gen Intel. But there are HP Omen 25Ls ranging from $800 to $1200. What's your budget? With a prebuilt, nothing wrong with them, you'll pay a premium even for mid-grade components.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99