Florida desperately needs a Micro Center (or two)!

2»

Comments

• I'd like a Tampa Jacksonville and Miami location, or just Miami and Tampa

• Respectfully, I can't understand why in the world you would expand to Georgia before Florida, and not only that, but you have TWO locations 45 minutes apart north of Atlanta. You're stealing business from yourselves while missing the opportunities of gaining customers elsewhere.

As a Florida resident I had never heard of a Micro Center until watching videos online and wish so much that we had one, even if I had to drive to Orlando to visit. You guys mentioned yourself that Florida is a highly requested location but that's only the people who have actually heard of you. Imagine how in demand you'd be if everyone here actually knew about you! Best Buy is awful for finding PC components and we don't really have anywhere else besides the internet to get parts. When you expand to Florida, please do not open one anywhere else before Orlando unless you plan on expanding to other cities quickly. A location in Orlando would serve almost all of Florida. You'll get less business in Miami regardless of it's population. In Miami you'll only get some south Florida residents. Most people hate driving to Miami and there's not much there to give us any other reason to go. It's an awful drive and really far south. Only a few brave souls might venture there. Many Floridians are accustomed to driving an hour or two to go places, especially Orlando, which is our central hub, and almost everything is there. Ever heard of Orlando International Airport? Disney? Universal? ect. That means you'd get all of the population from central Florida, south-central Florida, all of the high population beaches like Tampa, on top of Orlando and it's huge tourism! I can't believe you're not already here! Please come fast

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Greetings. Thank you for your suggestions on location ideas in Florida. Maybe one day it can happen!

• I also fully support the idea of a micro Center in Orlando. I would go there once a week if it was closer, just a 50 minute drive versus virtually planning a weekend to go to Georgia. Online is convenient for some items, but nothing beats seeing products in person, especially tech products. Easy customer wins here in Florida, I bet the Miami folks would even feel fine with a 3 hour drive to Orlando. :)

• Ian I also would like to suggest a micro center here in Orlando FL.. I live in Kissimmee I have a couple of 3D printers and my wallet would hate me but I would visit this place non stop!
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Greetings. Thank you for your suggestion for a location in Orlando. We'll see if can happen one day!

• Yes, we need a Micro Center here in Florida, and here are a few location suggestions. Orlando, Gainesville, Miami and Jacksonville. All these cities have a pretty big college population and I'm under the impression that a few college kids like to build their own computers.

• Just bumping this to chime in, as someone who just moved to FL from the Twin Cities in MN, we desperately need a MicroCenter down here. Closest one is around 7 hours from Tampa. I just ordered 6x16 TB HDD's from Amazon. They shipped 4 along with all the other components but are now telling me the remaining 2 are going to take another week to be shipped.

I've already got a degraded RAID--I desperately need to start transferring data to my new NAS, but I can't do that until I get those two drives. If only I could have just picked all this stuff up locally and just walked out of a store with everything I needed in hand.

Hell, at this point I'd be willing to pay like a yearly membership fee if it was enough to make a MicroCenter happen down here. There are literally no alternatives anywhere remotely nearby--you guys would make a killing.

• ChaosDTV
    ChaosDTV ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Likes First Comment

Ive been hearing a lot about florida and having a micro center down there. i feel we should open up more locations across the states so everyone can enjoy tech heaven

• As a guy who relocated from Atlanta to Tampa Florida. We desperately need one here its insane to me absolutely no competition here. Best buy is the only retail electronics store. Considering florida will soon be the next silicon valley it makes sense. orlando or tampa would be great sites. much more budget friendly than say Miami.

• is true microcenter is coming to Midway Crossings Mall in Miami

7795 W. Flager St. Miami FL, 33144? if true omg I'll be the first at the grand opening!!

• Hers a pic from the mall.😍😎😀🤩

• GermanM
    GermanM
    First Comment
    edited January 2023

Funny, that location was Tiger Direct HQ, call center and Outlet store once upon a time. Very central location and accessible via highways. Looking forward to it, we also had CompUSA, but both were before their time 20~ years ago.

• MyGameShadow
    edited January 2023

I am in Florida too and agree we need a few stores in this state, the only way to possibly get away with one would be Orlando, and I don't even like going there to try and dodge all the tourists but reality its the center of the state more so than any one city. I will admit this state is in desperate need of Micro Center stores and the sooner the better. For a state we have the wealth to support a few of these stores, we don't even close for Covid in this State.. we stay open.

• All decent suggestions for Florida cities, But living here my whole life and with family going back three generations all living in Florida, I can tell you that the majority of the population in Orlando is mostly tourist and retirees. When I’m on vacation the last thing I’m thinking about is building a PC. And most retirees are focused on pickle ball/shuffleboard/bingo for their hobbies, or the more adventurous retirees are moving into the 55+ nudist communities in Florida, and I don’t think Micro Center employees would be too into that. Miami definitely has quite a bit of money on the table for businesses moving there, the only issue there is that typically the wealthier individuals would tend to just order a computer online anyways, leaving the Micro Center physical store making next to nothing. My vote would have to be for Pinellas County. The 2022 US consensus has 957,989 people living in Pinellas county, making it the 7th most populated county in the state of Florida, out of 67 counties. Another perk for a Micro Center store in Clearwater, FL would be that Clearwater is pretty much centrally located within Pinellas County and it is a fact that Pinellas is the most densely populated county in Florida. Which would allow the largest amount of residents out of every Florida county to drive a shorter distance to the Micro Center store. Shorter travel times for our “Instant Gratification” lifestyles that we live now would definitely make people more likely to visit the physical store as apposed to just ordering something online. Especially seeing as modern day society has no patience and most would rather pay more and get their items NOW, as apposed to saving a buck and ordering it online. But I’m not one to talk, I’m the same way. Come onnnnn Micro Center, just do it! Clearwater has been waiting for you since Tiger Direct closed in 2015.
  • Back in 2016 after Tiger Direct closed, I always thought this site would be a perfect location for another computer store. This Tiger Direct was always very busy. Close to two major intersections and just south of Miami International Airport. Many folks from Latin American would stop in and buy computer parts and equipment and take it back with them to their country. I went in and looked for contracts and sent Jennifer Ratliff a message in LinkedIn about this location. She was a recruiter for MS back then. She replied and stated she would share this with leadership. I guess someone realized this would be a great location. If you are wondering, Tiger Direct was located on this map in M34 currently where Burlington is today. The entire 2nd floor (235a & 235b) was Tiger Direct Corporate Headquarters, before that they were mostly an online store visible from Computer Shopper Magazine pre-internet and they were located at the Datran Center. When Systemax bought them then purchased Compusa, it was downhill after that. They tried to be something other than a computer store, unlike MicroCenter. I visited one in Georgia and loved it. I can't wait for this site to open. Yes Florida needs a MicroCenter!!! Map shows where in Midway Crossings (Mall of the Americas) Mall they would be.

• Vaganza
    Vaganza ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Insightfuls 5 LOLs

A new location will be opening in Miami some time next year

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.