Multiple Monitors, Ultrawides, or Both?

Last week we asked what your most important peripheral was, and it got people talking about monitors. Specifically, about ultrawides versus dual-monitor set up. 

So, what's the way to go? With that sweet, sweet ultrawide display with plenty of room for activities, or the pure utility and ease-of-gaming on the dual-monitor set-up?

Comments

• Personally, I've had it both ways, going from a 1080p with and Ultrawide to a 4k supported by my 1080p. And while I like how cleanly my wallpaper sits in the 16x9 resolution, I do miss that loooooooong second display

Also ignore my gross mess, I'm sorry, I would have cleaned if I knew this would end up on the internet
  • Dual monitors always! 

• SeanM said:
    Personally, I've had it both ways, going from a 1080p with and Ultrawide to a 4k supported by my 1080p. And while I like how cleanly my wallpaper sits in the 16x9 resolution, I do miss that loooooooong second display

Also ignore my gross mess, I'm sorry, I would have cleaned if I knew this would end up on the internet
    That PS2 though 👍

• mmiller2 said:
    SeanM said:
    Personally, I've had it both ways, going from a 1080p with and Ultrawide to a 4k supported by my 1080p. And while I like how cleanly my wallpaper sits in the 16x9 resolution, I do miss that loooooooong second display

That PS2 though 👍

Gifs you can hear
  • Depends for me.
    I favor the ultrawide for work/multimedia tasks and............ sim racing.

But I'll take multiple monitors any day for general gaming/live streaming. :) 

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    edited January 2021
    I use a 32:9 49" Samsung ultrawide for everything at home and I don't think I could change from it or another monitor like it now.
  • I just needed a monitor with backlight to match the rest of my setup. The Samsung Odyssey is truly the nicest monitor I've ever seen or gamed on. Not an ultrawide, or dual monitor, but if I want I can switch my computers output over to my 65" TV to play some controller games if I want to relax on the couch.

• I just needed a monitor with backlight to match the rest of my setup. The Samsung Odyssey is truly the nicest monitor I've ever seen or gamed on. Not an ultrawide, or dual monitor, but if I want I can switch my computers output over to my 65" TV to play some controller games if I want to relax on the couch.

Holy cow is that an absolutely gorgeous set-up! The lightly backlit Hylian shield/Master Sword combo looks stellar!
  • SeanM said:
    I just needed a monitor with backlight to match the rest of my setup. The Samsung Odyssey is truly the nicest monitor I've ever seen or gamed on. Not an ultrawide, or dual monitor, but if I want I can switch my computers output over to my 65" TV to play some controller games if I want to relax on the couch.

Holy cow is that an absolutely gorgeous set-up! The lightly backlit Hylian shield/Master Sword combo looks stellar!
    Thanks for the compliment and sorry for the late reply! Took me a while to get it all set up, but totally worth it! Still looking to add some more pictures or decoration to my gaming corner to make it perfect!
  • Paul_2
    Paul_2 ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2021
    I had been using 4x 23" in a 2x2 setup, but found myself rarely using the top row because of neck strain.
    Now I'm using 3x Dell 27" 1440p 144Hz with Nvidia G-sync (Dell S2716DG) in a single row, with the ones on the ends angled towards the center.
    I also have the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, and you only need 1 IR emitter to see 3D from all 3 screens!
    Or so I've been told by others who've seen it, I don't actually have stereo (3d) vision, myself.   lol
    Oh, there is also a basic 55" 4k 120Hz on the wall to the side.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99