Memory issue with PowerSpec G214

I am having difficulties clearing or moving data from the SSD startup drive on my PowerSpec G214 desktop. It has been a trouble spot due to the fact that many programs default to installing on the C drive and doesn't offer a way to install elsewhere. A few months ago I tried to clean it up, because I kept getting pop up messages saying the drive is nearly full. I tried dragging and dropping some apps into the D drive, but doing so has made it so those programs no longer function. Worse yet, I haven't freed up any space on the drive. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• TSKevinG
    TSKevinG admin
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Likes
    edited January 2021
    Good afternoon @Chewie70SaberSlinger

So for this, you will most likely have to uninstall the programs in order to move them as there will be registry files tied to windows saying where the program is located.  In order to change the default installation path for apps with windows, you should be able to go in to the windows setting to change this.  It will be under the system options in the windows setting and then storage.  you will see a button labelled "Change where new content is saved".  you can change the location for all new items like music, documents, and applications.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99