Need Help Choosing Parts

I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=649b2a6a-5d4b-4412-a0bf-63e7c3644855
Luckily, I was able to get a graphics card elsewhere at somewhat of a decent price (https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1660-super-06g-p4-1068-kr/p/N82E16814487479?Item=N82E16814487479) I checked the height of the heatsink and it would fit in the case, so I had overridden the compatibility filter. I have not chosen a DisplayPort cable since I don't know which ones will hit 144hz. 
Thank you for the help in advance!

Comments

• Hello @NemotheFish and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Just a few things we'd throw at  you to consider. The B450 may or may not be Ryzen 3rd gen ready (ex., Ryzen 5 3600 ready). When you get the b450 board, make sure it says its 3rd gen ready. If it does not say its 3rd gen ready, then the mobo will not post with the Ryzen 5 3600. You'll have to get the bios updated first for it to work. We can update the bios for you for $30. The other area to look at is you have the coolermaster hyper 212, which is fine, but the Ryzen 5 3600 comes with the wraith heat sink or cooler, which is not a bad cooler. So you could use either or, but the Ryzen 5 already comes with a heat sink. Everything else looked good. You may want to consider your Operating System (ex., Window, linux, etc.).
  • NemotheFish
    edited January 2021
    I'm going to use a key online for Windows 10 and I guess I can drop the cooler for now. If I need it later, I'll order it online. Are only some of the B450 mobos not ready for 3rd gens? Will I be able to search for a B450 mobo instore that's ready for 3rd gens? Thank you for the help.
  • @NemotheFish Yes, you're correct. B450 motherboards made before the release of the 3rd gen Ryzen chips may require a BIOS update before they will properly function. They will typically have a sticker stating that the board is "3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Ready."
    Hope this info helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99