Need Help Choosing Parts - Gaming PC/Workstation

Options
This list is based off of a few other builds I saw showcased. I've done some research on pc building in the past, but obviously lack the thorough understanding a professional would have, and want to confirm that this would be optimal for my needs: 
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=41cbb6d9-fce6-4715-98d0-4f2c87f504e4

My main hobby aside from art is gaming, so that's what this is primarily geared for. However, I also need it to be capable of running 3D modeling/rendering programs like Zbrush, Blender, and Maya smoothly, which I remember reading is heavily dependent on both RAM and cores. By no means is this meant to be a professional workstation, but I'd like it to be suitable for someone of student skill level. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @snekkysnek Welcome to the community!
    You've got a great start here with this build however I do have a few questions and recommendations.
    What kind of budget did you have in mind for your build? Since you mentioned this is for gaming, what monitor are you to pair with this build?
    I noticed that you've selected the 32-bit version of Windows 10. I'd recommend the 64-bit version as it will allow you to take full advantage of your build. Once we know a bit more about your build, I'd be happy to make a few more recommendations!
    I look forward to your response!
  • snekkysnek
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and quick response @LandShark! My budget is loosely hovering at around $1.5k, give or take some (not including the monitor). As for the monitor, I haven't made a final decision yet, but I keep coming back to this one:
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/626571/acer-nitro-xv272u-vbmiiprx-27-wqhd-170hz-hdmi-dp-freesync-hdr400-ips-led-gaming-monitor
    That being said, I'm open to monitor suggestions as well. I know that I'd prefer IPS over VA for color accuracy and lower latency, but it also depends on how noticeable the lack of contrast is going to be. I haven't had a chance to actually go out and look at monitors in person, unfortunately, but I know that I'm looking to stay within the $200-300 range.

(I must have overlooked the Windows version when I was doing this the other day, thanks for letting me know. I probably would've forgotten to change it again lol)
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Alright, thanks for the help and additional details!
    I've made a couple of changes to your selection based on what you've mentioned. I know 3D modeling/rendering programs can be highly RAM intensive, so I've bumped your RAM to 32GB. I would also, say that the more GPU memory you can have, the better. I also changed out your motherboard for a B550 option. You won't see a performance impact and in most cases, you won't see a need for the X570 platform. One example would be if you were using PCIe gen 4 SSDs. However, the SSDs that you've selected will work great.

The Acer Nitro is a great choice for a monitor. The high refresh rate is great to have! Another option that I'm also a fan of is the Samsung G5.
    I'd recommend taking a look at monitors if you're able to do so. Each panel has its own unique personality, so to speak. Different warm and cool tones, etc. So I'd say personal preference goes a long way here and you'll definitely want to be happy with a purchase that you spend a lot of time looking at!
  • snekkysnek
    Options
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate the feedback. My current computer is nearing its end so I might have to make this purchase sooner than anticipated, but I'm feeling more confident about my choices now than I did before. I'll definitely take some more time to look at monitors though! Hopefully a place nearby will have that Samsung one in stock so I can see it in person :)
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99