Minnesota Store - Deliberately Misinformed

Options
I was at the St. Louis Park, MN store this week. A customer had asked some very basic questions and the sales rep took advantage of his customers lack of knowledge. The customer obviously did not know his PC. The sales rep was trying to sell him on an M.2 drive. He told his customer that all PC's built in the last two years have an M.2 slot. Which might be about 90% true. So the customer, not knowing bought one anyway. My question was about an older motherboard. He said my board would not support current Ryzen chips. I find out today, he was wrong. He just wanted me to buy a motherboard and spend more money... But I passed on the sale I originally came for since I wasn't going to use my MB. Kinda bull that this guy is running around telling people the wrong info just to get a sale.

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @MusketWarrior. Welcome to the community and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our expert knowledge and we take every opportunity to improve the experience that we can offer our customers. I'll be sending you a DM to inquire more about your experience in the store.
    However, I'd like to inquire more about the motherboard that you had questions about.
    It is true in some ways that older motherboards are not compatible with new AMD chips. At the very least they may require a BIOS update. However, if you could give me more specifics about the motherboard you have and the CPU you are interested in, I'd be happy to give you my perspective if you'd like!
    Please expect a DM from me.
    I look forward to your reply!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99