Adding RGB Lighting ? G436

Options
I recently purchased a G436 gaming computer that has a MSI Z490 Plus motherboard. I would like to add an additional RGB strip light along the bottom of the case (it's really dark down there :-) that will play nice with the current RGB fan setup which is controlled by the Mystic Light app. There is a 3 pin jumper available on the mobo that is identified as JRAINBOW1. Will this work with a standard 3 pin (5 volt) strip light that is compatible with Mystic Light? I don't want to go to the trouble of finding, purchasing and installing one only to find out that this jumper is disabled. I can't find any documentation on this motherboard on MSI's website or anywhere else for that matter. An owners manual would have been nice to have. Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @DMA thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. The Jrainbow1/2 should be a 5v connection so it should work. MSI motherboard tech support is at 626-271-1004, they can also validate this as well.
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    @DMA

Yes, it's an addressable header. An addressable RGB strip will work just fine.
  • DMA
    DMA ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options
    Ok! Thanks for the quick reply gents.
  • Ruediger
    Options
    Finally solved the problem. I noticed that neither rgb1 or rainbow1 had a cable plugged in. I found the cable tucked away down by the power supply. I plugged the cable into rgb1 and the lights came on. However, my bluetooth/wifi card then stopped working. I had to move the bluetooth/wifi cable from jusb1 to jusb2 to get that card working again. Now everything is working fine. 
  • TSKyleH
    Options
    Ruediger said:
    Finally solved the problem. I noticed that neither rgb1 or rainbow1 had a cable plugged in. I found the cable tucked away down by the power supply. I plugged the cable into rgb1 and the lights came on. However, my bluetooth/wifi card then stopped working. I had to move the bluetooth/wifi cable from jusb1 to jusb2 to get that card working again. Now everything is working fine. 
    Thanks for the update @Ruediger I am glad this worked for you, if you have any other questions please let us know.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99