Is Microcenter liquidating?

Options
I'm concerned that Microcenter might be closing up shop. My husband says that they gave up keeping the website updated per API/stock and going to the store there was no stock.  He drove to get an open box video card and the employess didn't know where it was. They also stated that they couldn't say if they were going to ever get any more cards in. Should we be worried?

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited January 2021
    Options
    CindyH said:
    I'm concerned that Microcenter might be closing up shop. My husband says that they gave up keeping the website updated per API/stock and going to the store there was no stock.  He drove to get an open box video card and the employess didn't know where it was. They also stated that they couldn't say if they were going to ever get any more cards in. Should we be worried?
    Greetings. I am sorry for any confusion, but our stores are not closing. Video cards are currently in the highest demand of any item that we sell, and that is going to be the case with any retailer that sells video cards - very high demand and low stock numbers. if not completely sold out. Any video cards that come in typically immediately sell out, and our stores receive them periodically. 
  • AlexS
    Options
    Ian said:
    CindyH said:
    Greetings. I am sorry for any confusion, but our stores are not closing. Video cards are currently in the highest demand of any item that we sell, and that is going to be the case with any retailer that sells video cards - very high demand and low stock numbers. if not completely sold out. Any video cards that come in typically immediately sell out, and our stores receive them periodically. 
    Greetings @CindyH.  Ian is correct.  Sure, there has been some supply and demand issues since the release of the recent Nvidia GPUs and AMD CPU/GPUs but that's to be expected.  Much more this year compared to previous releases due to CoVID.  

I am deeply apologetic for the experience your husband has received but our stores do receive GPUs sporadically.  Stock is just very scarce among the entire industry. 

We're hoping to see more stock in the near future and hope we can provide a much better experience if your husband can give us a second chance.  
  • CindyH
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. One more question. Can we be notified when cards come in to stock? Hubby saw signup sheets for Nvidia cards but not the 5000 or 6000 series AMD's. We live a long way from the store and we don't want to drive 50 miles each way hoping you have something in stock and we were told not to rely on what the website says. So how do we figure that out? -Many thanks!
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @CindyH just chiming in. Unfortunately we do not have a process or a systematic approach in place to notify customers when an item is in stock. That process may come in the future, but won't be available in the near. The best option to have a chance to obtain  one of the cards is to keep checking the website or just visit the store when you can. These items are in high demand and go quickly. You can see it may be in stock on website and then drive the 50 miles, but per the volume of customers shopping during your 50 miles trip, may end up purchasing all of what's in stock at the time. This is an inconvenience, but unfortunately this is how it is. Keep checking the website or visit the store during the week on a Wednesday or Thursday morning. 
  • CindyH
    CindyH ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2021
    Options
    They said to not rely on what shows as available on the website because it is wrong but we will try to make it back to the store in March. My hubby just paid $800 for that Powercolor 5700x Red Devil on Scamazon.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99