When does microcenter restock graphics cards?

Options
I would like to know how often the Fairfax microcenter restocks. Is it every other day, is it weekly? I recently returned a 1660 super because I was going to get an RTX 2060 but there weren't any so I am without a functioning computer.

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options
    Hello @Gabriel_Martin thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Sorry your system isn't working. Unfortunately there is a industry wide shortage on graphic cards. Its best to come to the store every other day starting on Tuesday, Thursday, etc., the weekends will be more busy. You'll want to see if any GPU's are on the delivery truck.

• M_Gomez95
    Options
    TSTDavey said:
    Hello @Gabriel_Martin thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Sorry your system isn't working. Unfortunately there is a industry wide shortage on graphic cards. Its best to come to the store every other day starting on Tuesday, Thursday, etc., the weekends will be more busy. You'll want to see if any GPU's are on the delivery truck.

its going to be my first time going to a microcenter tomorrow. how does one check if there are any GPU's on the delivery truck?

• Suzukii
    Options
    You can't and they won't.tell.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    @M_Gomez95 The best way to find out if any GPUs were delivered is to ask an associate. Typically our associates in the BYO department are most knowledgeable about GPUs. However, due to the high interest and demand on GPUs at this time, all of our associates are quite knowledgeable and will be able to assist you with any questions you may have!
  • Jbc029
    Options
    M_Gomez95 said:
    TSTDavey said:

its going to be my first time going to a microcenter tomorrow. how does one check if there are any GPU's on the delivery truck?

You can't. You're not allowed to call the store either. You must line up outside and wait for the store to open and no, they will not tell you what arrive the previous night. If you really want it, show up every other morning and wait. There is no pre-order, no voucher, just play "what's on the truck?" til you "win".
  • C0v3rt_X
    C0v3rt_X ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I would like to know how often the Fairfax microcenter restocks. Is it every other day, is it weekly? I recently returned a 1660 super because I was going to get an RTX 2060 but there weren't any so I am without a functioning computer.
    I just sold my 2070 Super on eBay for 3070 at MC Parkville. I jumped at the chance when I checked their website. Spam F5. I want to upgrade to a 3080 because that was my original plan until I waited in a long a** line on a cold Saturday morning and got a voucher then waited in another long a** line at BYOD section on my to be told they only have 3070 dual from ASUS. It is the luck of the draw my friend. I am a working man and don't have time to go to MC every single day.
  • C0v3rt_X
    Options
    M_Gomez95 said:
    TSTDavey said:

You can't. And good luck with that.  If you have time on your hands, spam into their store everyday when the trucks come. Don't bother calling them to ask either.
  • Brian1001
    Options
    I really need a computer right now and I live right next to the microcenter in Brooklyn. I am able to check if there is stock every morning since I live so close, I just need to know around what time the trucks come in. Does anyone have an answer so I waste as little time as possible?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @Brian1001 I'm jealous, though living so close to the store would probably be very bad for my wallet. 🙃
    Typically we receive deliveries before the store opens in the morning. Though due to our increased shipping methods at this time, there is also a possibility that we may have some drop-shipped from the manufacturers throughout the day. (This is much less frequent than it was just after release). My recommendation would be to stop by the store in the morning and have a chat with an associate in the store. They may be able to provide a bit more insight on the matter for you.
  • Brian1001
    Options
    I will see what happens. 
  • BenG
    Options

Were u able to get a card? I live kinda close to the one in brooklyn as well so im just wondering

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99