Help Picking PC Parts For New Gaming PC

Hello,
I am new to the whole PC building world and this would be my first build. I have a pre built HP gaming pc already, but it hasnt held up very well over the years and I am looking for a significant upgrade with a completely new build. My budget would be anywhere from $800-$1000. I would like to be able to run games at higher than 60 fps, but as of right now only run games at 1080, but a option to run higher displays wouldn’t hurt. My biggest concern is upgradability down the line. I dont want to have a system that can’t be upgraded in the future. I am not in a rush to get this build done. Should I just wait until the 2021 releases come out and see where my base line should be for upgrades in the future or does it not matter if I wait or not? One part I already have picked out is the case. I will be using the NZXT H510 in the red/black variation. My color theme is red and black if that can be accounted for I would appreciate it. Thank you to anyone who can help me out !

Comments

• Hello @Logoff99 and welcome to the community!
    Here's what I've come up with based on what you mentioned above.
    It is a bit over your budget but it offers great performance. If you're looking for future upgradability, I'd recommend waiting a bit more. AMD has stayed on the AM4 platform for quite some time. However, they only pledged to stay with the AM4 platform through 2020, so one could expect to see a new platform in the future from AMD. 
    That being said, if you're waiting for the next best, you'll be waiting forever because there will always be something better tomorrow, so to speak.
    Depending on what your current system is and what you're trying to do with the upgrade. Waiting a bit longer to upgrade also gives more time to save for a better system. So, there are many choices here.
    Thank being said, the system I linked above is a great option that you can be confident in! What kind of higher display do you plan to upgrade to?
  • LandShark said:
    Hello @Logoff99 and welcome to the community!
    Here's what I've come up with based on what you mentioned above.
    It is a bit over your budget but it offers great performance. If you're looking for future upgradability, I'd recommend waiting a bit more. AMD has stayed on the AM4 platform for quite some time. However, they only pledged to stay with the AM4 platform through 2020, so one could expect to see a new platform in the future from AMD. 
    That being said, if you're waiting for the next best, you'll be waiting forever because there will always be something better tomorrow, so to speak.
    Depending on what your current system is and what you're trying to do with the upgrade. Waiting a bit longer to upgrade also gives more time to save for a better system. So, there are many choices here.
    Thank being said, the system I linked above is a great option that you can be confident in! What kind of higher display do you plan to upgrade to?
    First of all thank you for the reply. As a follow up my old system is still running so I can wait. So AMD will be releasing a new generation this year? And if I am looking for upgradability I should wait for that generation? Also if you were to remove the windows for $115 is there any possible upgrade that can be made with that money or probably not? In reality I probably wont upgrade my display but the option would be nice. 
  • There is no confirmed release from AMD this year as far as new CPUs, however, they have released a new CPU yearly for some time now. I would recommend waiting if the performance increase is not required. If you'd benefit from the performance greatly, then really there is no reason to wait. It's an amazing platform that will last you for the foreseeable future.
    If you have any extra budget, I'd recommend putting it toward a better GPU. Better GPU is more frames, and more frames = better experience. especially if you're upgrading your monitor in the future, you'll want higher framerates.
    The other option would be to put towards a better monitor. But I'd recommend spending more than $100 on a new monitor if you upgrade.
    Hope this helps!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99