Help upgrading certain parts

Iconic_Xam
Iconic_Xam ✭✭
Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
edited January 2021 in Help Choosing Parts
I want to make this PC set up Into A Streaming PC Set-up what are the things I need to upgrade. & what am I Looking for, I need some help on this subject. Please & Thank you.  (My Budget is this & why I am buying this one. will upgrade along the lines later on)
Trace MR Gaming Desktop
Intel i5-10400F
MSI B460M PRO-VDR WIFI
8GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
240GB SSD 
1TB HDD
This is the Link to the Pre-built I am buying for a start-up Streaming PC 
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-trace-mr-gaming-desktop-intel-i5-10400f-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-4gb-240gb-ssd-1tb-hdd/6436829.p?skuId=6436829

Comments

• Hello @Iconic_Xam What kind of budget did you have in mind for this upgrade? I don't see a price point in your post.
    The first upgrade I'd probably recommend is your RAM, 16GB is the base for heavy multitasking. Next would be your GPU and CPU. If you're able to use NVENC encoding to put the work on your GPU, I'd recommend upgrading your GPU first. You'll get better gaming performance out of this as well. Depending on what you upgrade to, you may need to upgrade your PSU as well as your PSU may not have the Wattage to support a higher power GPU.
    I'd be happy to discuss this more once we know a bit more about your budget.
  • Iconic_Xam
    Iconic_Xam ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 2021
    So the price on this PC = Pre-Built is $750 The main Price I'd go is 800$
    I want to do A Streaming PC, I was thinking this is an easy startup for that price point & I recently got an
    "Elgato Game Capture HD60 S"
    & I play on a ps5 Streaming for COD Games & such 
    I want to find an Entry Level Streaming PC for $800
  • I suppose I'm a bit confused then. It looks like you've already got a build selected. Perhaps I am misunderstanding, what kind of help or advice can I provide?
    Thanks
  • Well this is prebuilt & I am just super curious what I can upgrade first, As in Taking Steps in improving the quality of my streaming that I do
  • I see, I'd refer back to what I'd mentioned earlier.
    LandShark said:
    Hello @Iconic_Xam What kind of budget did you have in mind for this upgrade? I don't see a price point in your post.
    The first upgrade I'd probably recommend is your RAM, 16GB is the base for heavy multitasking. Next would be your GPU and CPU. If you're able to use NVENC encoding to put the work on your GPU, I'd recommend upgrading your GPU first. You'll get better gaming performance out of this as well. Depending on what you upgrade to, you may need to upgrade your PSU as well as your PSU may not have the Wattage to support a higher power GPU.
    Other upgrades would be your storage. Upgrading your M.2 drive!
    Hope this helps.
  • Awesome, Thank you for the help I appreciate your help @LandShark
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99