Part Question

Options
teege
teege
First Comment
edited January 2021 in Help Choosing Parts
My future build will be in a Lancool II Mesh with a NH-D15, so it will already be a little tight, so what would be a solid, reliable memory for it? Aiming for 32GB (2x 16) 3600 CL16 (AMD tends to be thirsty for higher, in this case 5900x). My first thought was Corsair Vengeance LPX, but I think MC only carries it in the 3200 variety. Mobo planned is the Dark Hero III. Thank you.

Comments

• TSTDavey
    TSTDavey admin
    First Anniversary Micro Center Staff First Comment 5 Likes
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @teege and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Look at the G.skills Trident ram module sticks. Check the reviews on those manufactured memory sticks. they're pretty solid.
  • teege
    Options
    Would MC be able to order in any of the 3600 Corsair LPX? As I'll be having MC build it, I need to also get the parts through you. If I went with the TridentZ I would likely need to go from the D15 cooler to the D15s (TridentZ 44mm vs Corsair LPX 31mm) potentially lose a few degrees, which I guess wouldn't be a huge problem as I don't intend to do any OC.
  • Ian
    Options
    teege said:
    Would MC be able to order in any of the 3600 Corsair LPX? As I'll be having MC build it, I need to also get the parts through you. If I went with the TridentZ I would likely need to go from the D15 cooler to the D15s (TridentZ 44mm vs Corsair LPX 31mm) potentially lose a few degrees, which I guess wouldn't be a huge problem as I don't intend to do any OC.
    It looks like we have the following LPX RAM: microcenter.com/product/616299/corsair-vengeance-lpx-32gb-(2-x-16gb)-ddr4-3200-pc4-25600-cl16-dual-channel-desktop-memory-kit-cmk32gx4m2e3200---black

• teege
    Options
    Thank you for the response, but it doesn't quite answer my question/concerns. If I want MC to build my rig, I am forced to purchase everything through you guys (and to be covered by extended coverage). What do I do if you cannot actually get what I need? In this case, the 3600 version so it fits with the components. Is a store manager able to get in what I need to continue going through MC?
  • Ian
    Options
    teege said:
    Thank you for the response, but it doesn't quite answer my question/concerns. If I want MC to build my rig, I am forced to purchase everything through you guys (and to be covered by extended coverage). What do I do if you cannot actually get what I need? In this case, the 3600 version so it fits with the components. Is a store manager able to get in what I need to continue going through MC?
    The parts do not have to be purchased from us for the build, but we cannot offer warranty on items not purchased from us.
     I don't see the RAM you are specifying in our inventory and we typically do not have a way to make special orders on items we do not carry, I do apologize.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99