Inland Premium 512GB SSD NVMe failing to boot

Options
jojay
jojay
Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2021 in All Other Tech
I installed an Inland Premium SSD NVMe as a boot drive in a new build three months ago, and it's been working without issue. This morning it failed to boot, and the SSD no longer appears in the BIOS menu. I've tried updating my motherboard BIOS and swapping the SSD into the second M.2 slot on the motherboard, but it's still not detected.
Are there any other steps to troubleshoot? Or is my drive dead?

Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
16GB G.SKILL RAM
PSU: PowerSpec 650W

Thanks!

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello, @jojay Welcome to the community!
    Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your SSD. Unfortunately, based on what you've explained it does sound like your drive has failed. Another troubleshooting option would be to test it in a different system. See if you can access the drive from another system that has already booted.
    Otherwise, I would recommend bringing it into the store and speaking with an associate.
  • jojay
    Options
    LandShark said:
    Otherwise, I would recommend bringing it into the store and speaking with an associate.
    Thanks @LandShark -- unfortunately I do not have another system on hand to test it with.
    Do I need to bring the drive into a store to have it replaced, or can I get a replacement shipped?

• Ian
    Options
    jojay said:
    LandShark said:
    Thanks @LandShark -- unfortunately I do not have another system on hand to test it with.
    Do I need to bring the drive into a store to have it replaced, or can I get a replacement shipped?

The warranties are handled directly in-store, no appointment needed for assistance. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99