What it took to get a RTX 3080

Options
Robmc125
Robmc125
First Comment
edited January 2021 in Graphics Cards
Well after months of fixing my home. I was fully ready to get into the hunt of finding the parts I needed since selling off my gtx 1080 build when my last kid was born. SUPRISE!!! all stock is still gone and nothing has been fixed since release.
So I figured, screw it, I'll get my Ryzen 5000 first as I noticed microcenter had a bunch of stock the day I first looked 3 days ago and while I waited it went to 0 the next day when I figured. Ok I'll get the ryzen 7. Well I went into the store anyways. They had no stock of video cards or cpus. They told me a truck was coming in tommorow and try again around noon but had no idea what would be on it. Walked in, got a RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra and walked out. Didn't get the CPU I was hoping for but something much much better.  So nothing besides blind, dumb luck. Thanks y'all, happily mining ethereum in the living room pc until I can get the rest of the stuff to finish the gaming build. Good luck with your hunt and just keep showing up.

Comments

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello @Robmc125

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community!  I have moved this thread from the New Members category over to the Graphics Card section as it is more relevant in that section.

I also apologize for any of the inconveniences you had when trying to get a 3080 and a Zen 3 processor.  I'm glad to hear you were able to get a 3080 FTW3 and best of luck when it comes to getting your Zen 3 CPU.  
  • CarlS
    Options
    What was the cost of the card when you purchased it?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99