Dual monitors keep losing signal

Options
I recently upgraded my gpu and psu from a 1080ti to a 3060ti and 650w psu to an 850w psu. It worked great for a week then all of a sudden my monitors would randomly lose signal at the same time but my audio would still work as in my game or discord would still work. In order for my monitors to regain signal i would have to restart my computer. I changed back to my old parts i replaced and the problem seemed to go away but with the 1080ti instead of my monitors losing signal my monitors would freeze for 2 seconds and crash any game i was playing at the time. I thought it was a motherboard problem so i bought a new motherboard and the problems still remain. I dont know whats wrong with my computer and which part is the problem. 

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    mugawug said:
    I recently upgraded my gpu and psu from a 1080ti to a 3060ti and 650w psu to an 850w psu. It worked great for a week then all of a sudden my monitors would randomly lose signal at the same time but my audio would still work as in my game or discord would still work. In order for my monitors to regain signal i would have to restart my computer. I changed back to my old parts i replaced and the problem seemed to go away but with the 1080ti instead of my monitors losing signal my monitors would freeze for 2 seconds and crash any game i was playing at the time. I thought it was a motherboard problem so i bought a new motherboard and the problems still remain. I dont know whats wrong with my computer and which part is the problem. 

Greetings. It is possible your video card / display drivers are crashing. I would suggest doing a clean install of your video card drivers to see if that helps. We have a step by step guide on this process found at https://community.microcenter.com/kb/articles/133-how-to-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10 
  • mugawug
    Options
    ive been tinkering around with the computer and i think the ram was the problem. so far i took out one of my ram sticks because the computer wouldnt boot due to qled dram being on and the computer seems to running ok so far. the 3060ti has not black screens my monitors yet and i will keep testing games to see if the problem remains.
  • mugawug
    Options
    it worked for a few hours and now it keeps blackscreening a few mins after power up. Im just gonna bring it in to get repaired. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99