New G436 No RGB lights

Options
I just bought a new G436 system from microcenter. Upon power on i noticed that none of the RGB lights work. I have performed all of the recommended fixes including uninstall mystic light, sdk and dragon center. Install the latest version of dragon center currently 2.0.100.0. Nothing gets the lights working.
Microcenter this is completely unacceptable for a 2k plus system. I have contacted support twice and no one seems to have a fix. One tech support engineer even suggested installing 3rd party RGB software to try to get the fans to work but he provided no suggested software to use.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Comments

• ninja502
    Options
    make sure the switch is turned on for the rgb and that should fix the problem 
  • ninja502
    ninja502 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Options
    the manual can be found here https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C75v2.1.pdf and it shows the switch on page 24 & 43

LED_SW1: EZ LED Control This switch is used to switch on/ off all the LEDs of motherboard.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @Ruediger
    Sorry to hear that you're having troubles with your RGB software!

I believe I have a solution for you. I'll paste the script below and provide some instructions.

1. Copy the contents in the quote box below into notepad. Save, change the file type to "All Files". Name the file to <name>.bat. The name doesn't matter, I called mine MSIUninstall.bat.

2. Right click on your new batch file and "Run as Administrator". Shouldn't take more than 10-20 seconds to run. The command prompt will close when it's done.

3. Open the start menu, right click on Dragon Center and "Run as administrator" as you're originally instructed to do. Should install the MSI SDK correctly this time, after a few minutes and run normally. No restart required.

@echo off

taskkill /f /im msi_companion_service.exe

taskkill /f /im LEDKeeper2.exe

taskkill /f /im LightKeeperService.exe

MsiExec.exe /I{1745D314-9077-46C9-8562-1C62BAE189B7}

MsiExec.exe /I{2B8E611F-0B51-4FAC-87BB-AF50D82E7DDA}

MsiExec.exe /I{37A48B7F-D4EA-4863-844E-A284E2AA3C5D}

MsiExec.exe /I{9E97178A-ADB8-4778-BE60-7E28E2A72721}

MsiExec.exe /I{BDE43F26-5917-44F8-B86A-F1D9A6B80B32}

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Mystic_Light\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Mystic_Light\%%G" /silent

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Nahimic\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Nahimic\%%G" /silent

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Support\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\Support\%%G" /silent

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\True Color\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\True Color\%%G" /silent

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\VoiceControl\unins*.exe"') DO "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\One Dragon Center\VoiceControl\%%G" /silent

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\MSI /f

del C:\ProgramData\MSI /Q
    Let me know if you have any issues with this.
  • Ruediger
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I have tried the script. I used that to completely clean dragon center from the system. A clean reinstall of dragon center does not solve the problem. Dragon center does appear to be functioning properly. I will look for the physical switch in the morning.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99