Westmont needs to chill

Options
My friend asked me if I could pick up a 3060TI for him as there was stock and he couldn’t get there. He was looking for one and was afraid they would sell out. I was interrogated on the use of the GPU, had to provide an ID, had to justify everything I’ve ever bought from Micro Center to two managers, and was told I’m only allowed one card of any type for good. Then as I gave my friend the card (he was able to get out of work after all) the ops manager came out and literally screamed in both of our faces and threatened to ban us from the store. 

The entire visit was off putting and that manager had no right to yell at me and my friend the way he did. I told the GM already who apologized but I’m NOT going to be yelled at by any employee. What I do with my purchase is my business and mine only. I was helping a friend - so what’s it to anybody else what I do. 

I get stock is tight but to swear, yell, and hold inventory under such lock and key is not the way to do any business. They need to rethink how this store is run because it’s stressful in there and that’s not what any customer wants. 

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that your experience was not excellent. It's our goal to provide an excellent experience to each of our customers and we missed the mark here. You're right that stock is tight, and we want to provide an equal opportunity to each of our customers to be able to purchase a new GPU. It seems that the manager you spoke to may have suspected that you may be looking to resell the item. However, we can handle this better in the future.
    I'm glad to hear that you've spoken with our store manager about this situation, and I'll be sharing your feedback with our management team as well.
    Again, we appreciate the feedback as well as the opportunity to provide a better experience to you and other customers in the future.
    Thank you!
  • LandShark said:
    Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that your experience was not excellent. It's our goal to provide an excellent experience to each of our customers and we missed the mark here. You're right that stock is tight, and we want to provide an equal opportunity to each of our customers to be able to purchase a new GPU. It seems that the manager you spoke to may have suspected that you may be looking to resell the item. However, we can handle this better in the future.
    I'm glad to hear that you've spoken with our store manager about this situation, and I'll be sharing your feedback with our management team as well.
    Again, we appreciate the feedback as well as the opportunity to provide a better experience to you and other customers in the future.
    Thank you!
    The manager can suspect all they want but they have no right to act the way he did because of what he thought I was going to do. I met the rules that they had in place, and I was well within my right to buy the card. What I do with that afterwards is completely up to me. It's not his inventory, and not his place to determine if I am "worthy" of a card or not.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    As I mentioned, we can handle this better in the future, and I do appreciate that you took the time to share this feedback with us.
    I have shared this with our management team and we are taking steps internally to address this feedback. 
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to DM me directly.
    Thank you.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99