Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice. Want to make this build for myself and my fiancé. We both love gaming and he will start streaming. Just wanted some input to see if there could be any upgrades made to the dream build.
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=8f24ffe3-33cc-4db7-ba36-23adad159761

Comments

• ninja502
    ninja502 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Options
    the one thing that you want to change is the power supply. the video card alone Recommends a Power Supply of
    750 Watts. you will be over that after you add the rest of the build. it wouldnt hurt to goto a 1000W power supply
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hello, @Jaina Welcome to the community forum!
    I'd recommend a few changes, but I have a few questions for you.
    What's your budget? What do you have planned for the build? What monitor are you pairing with this?
    As for my recommendations, I'd suggest a larger power supply as @ninja502 mentioned. I'd also recommend a larger M.2 drive. 512GB is suitable for a boot drive however if you're gaming, some games like COD or Red Dead II can use +120GB of space and won't leave you with much space after.
    I'd also recommend a bit more robust CPU cooler. The 3900X is a powerful CPU. That power does come at the cost of heat.
    I'd be happy to add more recommendations once I've heard back from you!
  • Jaina
    Options
    Right now I am building a dream build. My budget is hopefully under $2500 but realistically I know I will end up budging towards $3000. I intend on gaming on the pc with my fiancé and he will probably end up streaming on in. I am still newer to a PC build so I am open to suggestions as well as researching more about it. I know he loves playing COD so definitely a bigger drive will end up benefiting the both of us. I am not sure which monitor I want to get yet but I know I'm going to end up with at least 2.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Okay! Great insight, thanks for that!
    Based on the selection and your budget that you've mentioned. I've tried to keep it as close to $2500 as possible while giving you great performance. I tried to keep the Corsair theme that I thought you might have wanted. (Not sure if this was intentional)
    This build will offer you great streaming and gaming performance. You'll be able to handle COD at 1440p with RTX enabled and all settings high while still getting 100+ frames. Streaming may have a bit of an impact on your framerate, however, you'll definitely be above 60 FPS. My assumption would be that while streaming you'll be around 80-90 FPS. 
    For monitors, I'd probably recommend 24-27 inch 1440p monitors, to take advantage of your 3080. Here's our selection that would match those specifications.
    I'd specifically recommend either the  Acer ED270U or the Samsung G5 Both offer a great view with an excellent refresh rate. I'd recommend taking a look!
    I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about this selection or anything else!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99