Computer Shuts off when woken from sleep. boots into easy/bios mode

Options
hey guys, just seeing if anyone has had a similar issue. I my computer has recently started having issues when waking from sleep mode. It shuts off after a few seconds and when I restart it it boots into the aorus "easy mode" when i save and exit it seems to boot and function just fine.  I also noticed it will go into easy mode occasionally on a full power up.  this is all recent. the only thing that I've done is update a Nvidia driver which backdated and still have this issue.   Any ideas? computer specs are below 

Thanks!

Gigabyte aorus elite wifi x570
ryzen 9 3900x
evga rtx 2070 super xc ultra 
trident z 8gb x2 ram 

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    Greetings @Tristan

Sounds like the motherboard can't read the drive. It tries to wake from hibernate, can't locate the drive, reboots. With CSM disabled, default behavior if no bootable device is detected, is to enter the BIOS. Seems to match your symptoms. So we have to figure out why the drive isn't detected on wake.  I assume your system is in hibernate rather than just sleep when this occurs, correct?

What drive do you have?
  • Tristan
    Options
    TSMikeW said:
    Greetings @Tristan

Sounds like the motherboard can't read the drive. It tries to wake from hibernate, can't locate the drive, reboots. With CSM disabled, default behavior if no bootable device is detected, is to enter the BIOS. Seems to match your symptoms. So we have to figure out why the drive isn't detected on wake.  I assume your system is in hibernate rather than just sleep when this occurs, correct?

What drive do you have?
    Just sleep. my power settings are set to never hibernate. I think that's default for the ryzen performance power setting. I don't recall messing around too much with it. normally i turn my pc off.

for a drive i just have a 500gb m.2 ssd.
    microcenter sku 845057CRUCIAL 500GB P1 NVME M.2 SSD

thanks for the help

• TSKevinG
    Options
    If you go in to the advance power options in the computer,  what is the power plan the computer is set to?
  • Tristan
    Options
    TSKevinG said:
    If you go in to the advance power options in the computer,  what is the power plan the computer is set to?

• Ian
    Options
    Are you selecting manually selecting sleep when this occurs or does the PC turn off after some time when it is not in use automatically? 
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options
    @Tristan

Switch it over to the balanced plan(Non Ryzen) and adjust your sleep timers as needed. Under "Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings", set "Link State Power Management" to "Off".  Please test this configuration and see if the issue persists.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99