Getting pc built

Options
I have a few questions
Should I call ahead and set a date?
Is it a flat rate or does it go up with the amount of parts?
Do i stay and wait or do i have to come back and get the finished product and if so can I pay extra for delivery?
Am I allowed to tip the person making my pc?
Will I get any surplus parts back from all the pieces I bought, the custom water cooling may have surplus but I am unsure?

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @Geo
    • You're welcome to set an appointment with our service department. You can do this by selecting the service you're interested in at the link below.
    • You can find more information about our build services here: https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/service.aspx
    • Typically it does take a bit of time to complete the build but depending on the tier and when you arrive in the store, it may be possible to complete it in a day.  We do not offer a delivery service, but we will contact you as soon as we've completed it!
    • We do not allow tipping of our service associates.
    • Any extra parts or items will be given to you when you're picking up your completed build!
    I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
  • Geo
    Geo ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options
    I would be bringing in the parts to have it made, since I wanted to ensure I had the parts since a lot of the good stuff has been impossible to get at retail. That wouldn't be a problem would it? 
    Also I have some parts leds and led gpu holders i ordered for flare, as well as a gpu fan to place under the gpu, I don't see those listed on the link so I assume it would cost more, which I am fine with as long as I can get it done since I don't trust myself to do a good job. 
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    Hello Geo,

Yes, you can bring in all those parts and we can definitely get a computer built with them.  We can do the LEDs as part of the builds and if there are any additional parts that needs to be installed, our service desk would tell you the additional pricing, but they will be able to install it.  We are also fine with using parts that are not purchases from us.  
  • Geo
    Geo ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options
    most of what i did get was from microcenter, but as for the gpu which i have and the cpu which i am going to get, finding them in retail right now is near impossible XD
  • TSPhillipT
    Options
    @Geo

Yea, it can be hard to find those parts for sure, especially with the low supply and GIANT demand for them.  Congratz if you got them!  We can definitely do your build if you would like to bring it in to our service desk; https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/instore-service-complete-build.aspx
  • Geo
    Options
    Oof I didnt think it would be 800 even after owning the water cooling kit, gonna take me a few more weeks to save up to get it made
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99