Poor repair communication

Options
I dropped off my laptop at the Minnesota center on January 9th and was told I'd get an estimate or update 3-5 business days later. I followed up about a week later as I wasn't contacted, by using the contact technician option on https://service.microcenter.com/ - nothing. Since then, I tried the text service, got an automated response stating someone would follow up...nothing. I tried the contact tech manager option - nothing. I chatted online and while the rep was apologetic, they forwarded my message to my center's location with the instructions to follow up - nothing. I finally got a response on Jan 22 that boils down to "they haven't done the repair yet". Which, honestly? I get due to the circumstances. What's frustrating is the lack of communication from my local center. Could they not have replied to my earlier messages asking for a simple update? Why have options to contact technicians or managers if they're not going to respond?

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    kwils said:
    I dropped off my laptop at the Minnesota center on January 9th and was told I'd get an estimate or update 3-5 business days later. I followed up about a week later as I wasn't contacted, by using the contact technician option on https://service.microcenter.com/ - nothing. Since then, I tried the text service, got an automated response stating someone would follow up...nothing. I tried the contact tech manager option - nothing. I chatted online and while the rep was apologetic, they forwarded my message to my center's location with the instructions to follow up - nothing. I finally got a response on Jan 22 that boils down to "they haven't done the repair yet". Which, honestly? I get due to the circumstances. What's frustrating is the lack of communication from my local center. Could they not have replied to my earlier messages asking for a simple update? Why have options to contact technicians or managers if they're not going to respond?

Hello, we can look into this further for you. Do you have the repair order number starting with RP or SV please?

• kwils
    Options
    Ian said:
    kwils said:

Hello, we can look into this further for you. Do you have the repair order number starting with RP or SV please?

SV2101040358
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @kwils
    Thank you for sharing this information, I'm escalating this concern to our management. Please send me a DM if you've not been contacted after 24hrs.
    Thank you.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99