Need Help Choosing Parts

Options
I put this parts list together and am looking for some advice, I would like to run Blender and some other games  https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=711115ff-4c67-4a8d-a751-1613317f6855

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello @Mattusak. Welcome to the community!
    Looks like you've got a great selection here. What kind of budget did you have in mind? Also what monitor did you have in mind to pair with this build?
    As is, I might recommend a white case if you're going with a white GPU. Once I know a bit more about budget and monitor, I'd be happy to make more recommendations.
  • Mattusak
    Options
    Thanks for responding LandShark! for my budget, I don't think Ill go any higher then 1,700. Even right now it is still a little high so any recommendations to budget anywhere would be great. Honestly the card right now is just a placeholder for when what I want comes in stock, I remember the employees at my Microcenter saying they actually had a surplus of 30 series graphics cards but that was around a month ago so I will have to go in and see. This build is for my friend so ill have to get back to you on the monitor and see what he has
    Thanks again!
  • Mattusak
    Options
    @LandShark Forgot the @ for the notification haha
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I would be exceptionally surprised if we had a surplus of any graphics cards at any time in the past months. We've been trying to get all the shipments of video cards that we can get our hands on.
    I've made a few changes in places where I think it's important and for the budget you mentioned. However, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about them.
    Great list in my opinion!
  • Mattusak
    Options
    Thank you so much! @LandShark I do have a question, what does semi modular mean? Mine was fully modular and I guess I don't understand what those mean
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Sure, so, power supplies connect to the motherboard, GPU, and other parts, right? The modularity refers to how the PSU wires/connections can be affixed.
    Fully-Modular means that you can as many or as few of the connections you'll need for your build. (Typically used when you are planning to use custom cabling.) 

Semi-Modular typically means that you'll have the Motherboard and CPU cables permanently connected, but you can connect or remove the PCIe power cables and SATA power cables as needed.

Non-Modular means that all the power cables for your system are permanently affixed to the PSU and must be managed in the case.

I hope this explains this well for you. Please let me know if I can provide more info!
  • Mattusak
    Options

@LandShark Sorry about the late reply, I've been busy with school and stuff. This really helped thank you.

• JS_MC
    Options

No worries at all! I'm glad that I was able to answer these questions for you.

I'm always happy to help! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99