Powerspec G464 Rebooting Constantly by itself

Options
Hello--I read on this forum and reviews that this issue is common and was told by the store when I purchased the pc that there have been a lot of returns due to the screen going black and the system reboots without warning. I was informed that it was an incompatible memory issue and was advised to buy the correct one (CORSAIR 32GB 2X 16 VEN D4 3200 C16) and they installed it at the time of purchase but I still am having the same problem with rebooting that this solution was supposed to remedy.
Has there been an final resolution on this model? I see that most people have finally given up and returned or exchanged the pc for another.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello, @celworld Welcome to the community.
    I haven't heard that this is a common issue and I hadn't heard that RAM would solve the issue. I'm sorry to hear that switching the RAM didn't solve that issue for you, but it's good to know that we can exclude that from our testing.  The other system that I've had experience had an issue with the software that was causing the restart.
    Could you please explain any other symptoms that you may be experiencing?
    I'd also recommend starting the "Event Viewer" from the start menu. Could you please share any Critical events that have taken place after these restarts?
    Thank you!
  • celworld
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    The salesman at the store I purchased it from said he had several returns of this model and just about all of them were regarding the rebooting issues and they said they thought they fixed the issue and we were trying to be proactive, but to no avail.
    The screen just goes black, restarts, the pc is on and so is the audio for a couple seconds and then goes off on the reboot itself.
    We did notice that the unit was running a little hot and thought since it had liquid cooling, there shouldn't be a problem running it for 8 hours straight.
    I will now check the Event Viewer and let you know what I find.
  • celworld
    Options
    Hi LandShark,

We just ran the Event Viewer and attached the 41 critical errors.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    Just chiming in @celworld. The 41 errors just shows that windows rebooted itself, nothing there to really evaluate. Does the computer only restart when you are launching  video game or playing a video game? What does it do when you are just surfing the web without any video games launched or open? The reason I ask is the issue may be with your graphic card.
  • celworld
    Options
    Thanks for the Chime In,
    We are actually not using the PC to play video games but for graphic design using Adobe CS 2020. It happens when we work in illustrator and photoshop and sometimes when we have Youtube, skype and aol open in the background.
    Does that help?
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    @celworld yes all of that makes sense. Adobe CS uses resources from your graphic card. When did you purchase the Powerspec G464? Have you updated the x570 chipset drivers for the motherboard? I'd try updating the chipset drivers (see link below). Then test your card out again. If you still have issues let us know. That 5700 xt may be defective. 
  • celworld
    Options
    OK Thanks--I purchased it December 20 and the salesman knew what we were using the pc for and said the graphics card is good for us.  I haven't updated the chipset drivers but will try that. He only mentioned the memory had to be changed out, which he did.
    I will let you know about the 5700 xt tomorrow.
    Thanks again
  • TSTDavey
    TSTDavey admin
    First Anniversary Micro Center Staff First Comment 5 Likes
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @celworld the 5700XT is a good card by AMD and works great with what you are using the pc for. But it only works great if the 5700 is operating the way AMD designed it. Try the Chipset update. If the system is still crashing, I really do think something is wrong with that 5700. I'd recommend to bring the powerspec to the store for service. They'd probably put a new 5700 in there.

• celworld
    Options
    OK will do. The download link suggests to uninstall the current chipset driver before installing the new one--Do you agree?
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2021
    Options
    celworld said:
    OK will do. The download link suggests to uninstall the current chipset driver before installing the new one--Do you agree?
    Yes, that is the recommendation from the manufacturer so we would recommend to do this.

• celworld
    Options
    It looks like the chip driver update is working for now-- If the problem returns, I will bring it to the store and have them inspect the video card.
    Thanks for all your help.

• Ian
    Options
    celworld said:
    It looks like the chip driver update is working for now-- If the problem returns, I will bring it to the store and have them inspect the video card.
    Thanks for all your help.

You're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99