Atari Spinner Cable Question - Help!

garu29
garu29
First Comment
edited February 2021 in Retro Arcade/Gaming
Hello! I purchased the Atari Spinner. The cable is a 4-pin female to USB and works great. But I need a cable that is 4-pin female to 4-pin female to connect it to a board. I've been searching for one but I can't find what I need and I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Can you recommend which cable I need to buy? Thank you!

Comments

• Hello @garu29 and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Are you connecting the spinner to a board in a arcade cabinet set up?

• garu29
    garu29
    First Comment
    edited February 2021

Yes, that's what I want to try to do. It works with the USB but there is a spot for it on the board for a spinner connection as well and I'd like to see if that works too. Thank you!!

• @garu29

We don't carry the 4 pin to 4 pin cable you'd need. The spinner uses a common JST connector. Without knowing what board you have I have no way of knowing what type of connector the board uses. It's likely you could use a 4 pin Dupont to Dupont cable, but you'd need to be careful to connect it the right way as Dupont connectors are not keyed. It's also possible the pinout of the board doesn't match the pinout of the spinner, so you may need a crossover in your cable.

• Hi! Thanks for all the replies. I'm sorry, I intended to add this image earlier but got distracted. This is inside the AtGames Legends Gamer Pro. I've used the spinner with the USB port on the LGP and it works great. Inside there is this connection so I wanted to try that as well. I hope this helps.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99