Will people campout the Dallas MC for the RTX 3060?

Options
I have seen the RTX supposedly will be released on the 25th at 6 am. I'm wondering if people will be camping out the dallas MC location for the card, or will they just be showing up a few hours early? Also would MC open early on regular store hours?

Best Answers

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @NicSparks We've not received word at this time, however, you can keep an eye on the community and/or our website for information about the release of the 3060. As soon as we have the information we'll share it!

I would not expect us to change our hours for this release, but again, if we do it will be listed on our website.

Thanks!

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you'd have asked me that last year, I would have told you no. However, now it does seem to be the norm. I'd recommend stopping by the store to speak with an associate about it. Things tend to differ from store to store, and here in Ohio... in my opinion, it's far too cold to camp out.

Answers

• NicSparks
    Options
    @LandShark Thank you! Is it normal for people to camp out or show up early on a release date of a new graphics card? I just am trying to figure out what to expect in order to grab the 3060 on release day. 
  • Yes, I feel like someone from Micro Center should make a comment on this. Short of that, someone with a little bit of knowledge of the Dallas Microcenter please. Because, at the very least, this could be a public health concern with our current climate. Whether MicroCenter likes it or not, if people are going to camp outside their store for a GPU launch, they need to be aware of this and plan ahead to avoid any injury or virus spread, etc.

I cannot find a phone number for the store, but I am located in Oklahoma City, which is only 3 hours North. I would have no problem making the drive, and even showing up a couple hours early (maybe even camping) to get an RTX 3060 for MSRP. I want this for personal use. I just cannot support the scalper trade in any way!

Let's try to get someone with some actual insight into how this store operates in Dallas, and not trolls or anything else that would distract from us all understanding what the RTX 3060 launch will be like in Dallas.

• Using the websites online chat platform, I was able to speak to a representative that informed me that they have had people camp at all of their stores during all of the previous GPU launches. I appreciate this information because it gives insight into what to expect for the 3060 launch.

They also said that their online inventories are updated very quickly (10-15 min), but that people could have them in their carts and not be checked-out yet, and to expect GPUs to sell out within a few minutes of the stores opening every day. They are also still receiving inventory very sporadically. From watching the online inventory of the Dallas store, it seems like they get in a couple of cards every few days, but this is personal observation.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99